Stripped valve cover Both! Help Fast!

EJ2Civic1

Took off valve cover to do some stuff...well putting it back on and on the last one i stripped it out the threads are in the hole and the bolt just moves around. what are my options? :word:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
drill it and get a removal kit from sears or autoparts store

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
honda will have the parts for your honda vehicle

EJ2Civic1

Yeah trying to no resot going to HONDA for my HONDA vehicle because they charge alot..thanks for the Smarta** reply, have a good day

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol it's not a smartass reply it's the truth. Might have luck finding VC bolts at your local autoparts store too.

jordan00711

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well if you have another bolt laying around just take it to a hardware store and ask for an identical or close to identical bolt? or go to a pick and pull and grab some there

EJ2Civic1

yeah im going to try and figure something out tmw. and drill it out after class. thanks for the help

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah kind of is when you speak the obvious...
Obvious question gets an obvious answer. What better place to get parts for a Honda than a Honda dealer? IMHO, they aren't that expensive. Especially not for some bolts. They are ~55 cents a piece.

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man ive done this several times........dont stress just get u a small left hand drill bit and it will come out with no problems. As for the bolt you can use just a regular style bolt but besure to man wrestle that washer off the old one or it will leak. Now as far as someone having the same style bolt as what comes on the VC forget it. I have been in the fastener business for 12 years now and i promise you its not available anywhere besides honda. You gotta PAY to Play my friend. Good luck!