Stuck in limp mode!!

Kenny0494

So i have a 2000 honda civic ex it had a d16y8 in it but it blew up. I put a known running d16z6 in it. I converted the alternator to obd2 it works fine. I got an obd2b to obd1 ecu jumper harness and hooked up my p28 ecu. I kept my stock z6 distibutor on the z6 engine but i spliced in the wires to the obd2 plug. I used my y8 intake manifold on the z6 block so all my injectors and everything would plug in to the stock 2000 civic harness. The car will turn over for a couple seconds then start and wont rev past 4000. When i had my obd2 ecu in a scanned the codes and it came up with p0336 for crankshaft postion sensor. I believe thats the plug on the y8 by the crank pully but the z6 doesnt have that sensor so i dont have that plugged in. But when i cleared the codes with the scanner i could rev it normal for like a second until the check engine light came back on then it was back to limp mode. Like i said i switched my ecu after that to p28 with the jumper harness and it still is stuck in limp mode!! Please help!!!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The CKP is built into the z6 distributor. With the ODB1 ECU plugged in, jump the service connector under the dash near the ECU with small piece of wire. Turn the car on but dont crank the motor, you should see the CEL start to flash. Long flashes = 10, short flashes = 1. Use that to get the CEL code. My guess is you might get code 4, which is related to the CKP. But it's good to know the code given with the correct ECU in there.