Sub box that dont cover spare tire

mr00si

im new to the site and jus wondering what sub box can go in a 2000 si trunk without covering spare tire

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a custom one or an extremely then wedge style designed for flat woofer like kicker comp CVT. but honestly you can just lift the box up if you need the spare why you so lazy ??

mr00si

bazooka to small and sub box 2 heavy and i was thinkin more of a corner mount for both sides

BonyCatfish

Sub boxes might look heavy but they really don't feel that heavy, how often do you access your spare tire? My sub box disconnects really easily, if I need to get to my spare i am just going to unclip it and throw it in my back seat temporarily, and I am running two twelves. It is like 20 or 30 pounds max.

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bazooka to small and sub box 2 heavy and i was thinkin more of a corner mount for both sides
Well first off :welcome: Bazooka tube would be idea. They do come in different sizes. And as for a corner mount your talking custom boxes which in one way or the other will make it a little more difficult getting to the spare

Sub boxes might look heavy but they really don't feel that heavy, how often do you access your spare tire? My sub box disconnects really easily, if I need to get to my spare i am just going to unclip it and throw it in my back seat temporarily, and I am running two twelves. It is like 20 or 30 pounds max.
I have to agree with this guy^ . Sub boxes aren't real heavy. I'm personally running one 12" kicker CVR off a 1000 watt kenwood along with some other goodies....hehehe and i can pretty much make your nose tingle and all i have to do is disconnect the neg and pos off the sub and i can pull it out. Unless your constantly running over nails screws and what not you can get a modest box that WILL cover the spare but hell you wont have any problems accessing your spare tire if need be.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2 12's IN a box and only weighs 20-30 lbs? My one 12 alone WITHOUT the box weighs almost 20lbs.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i bet my two twelves and box weigh around 30 pounds they are extremely lite not all subs weigh the same especially depends on the size of the magnet. you could remove the spare and cut down the weight just carry a tire repair kit with you.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i bet my two twelves and box weigh around 30 pounds they are extremely lite not all subs weigh the same especially depends on the size of the magnet. you could remove the spare and cut down the weight just carry a tire repair kit with you.

I understand what you are saying, I just don't think it is that light to be honest. Yes, subs weigh different and some have huge magnets. I just don't see how a box that is made out of particle board and big enough to fit 2 12 inch subs can weigh 30 pounds loaded. That would mean that the box its self only weighs about 10-15 lbs. That is extremely light for a pb box. Now if we are talking about a custom box made out of fiberglass, that is a whole different story.

This is a small wedge truck type box for 2 12s and it weighs almost 40lbs unloaded. Slap 2 12s in there that weigh 15lbs each (being generous with weight) and you have yourself a 70lb box/sub combo. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Atrend+-+12"+Dual+Sealed+Subwoofer+Enclosure+-+Charcoal/9026831.p?id=1218009791492&skuId=9026831&st=sub box&contract_desc=null

I am not trying to bust your balls, I am just thinking that your weight perception is a bit lower calculated. Kind of sounds like my boss when we are calculating the cost of returning our huge empty parts totes. "What do you think they weigh each...like 30lbs"? "Haha, no....more like 100-125lbs...." "Seriously?" "Positive."

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I understand what you are saying, I just don't think it is that light to be honest. Yes, subs weigh different and some have huge magnets. I just don't see how a box that is made out of particle board and big enough to fit 2 12 inch subs can weigh 30 pounds loaded. That would mean that the box its self only weighs about 10-15 lbs. That is extremely light for a pb box. Now if we are talking about a custom box made out of fiberglass, that is a whole different story.

This is a small wedge truck type box for 2 12s and it weighs almost 40lbs unloaded. Slap 2 12s in there that weigh 15lbs each (being generous with weight) and you have yourself a 70lb box/sub combo. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Atrend+-+12"+Dual+Sealed+Subwoofer+Enclosure+-+Charcoal/9026831.p?id=1218009791492&skuId=9026831&st=sub box&contract_desc=null

I am not trying to bust your balls, I am just thinking that your weight perception is a bit lower calculated. Kind of sounds like my boss when we are calculating the cost of returning our huge empty parts totes. "What do you think they weigh each...like 30lbs"? "Haha, no....more like 100-125lbs...." "Seriously?" "Positive."
That's because it's mdf

Get a box made with birch and use 2 shallow mount subs.

I just did a install in a 350z a month ago where weight was an issue

we built a box for using birch for 2 polk 8 mm subs and the box ended pretty light even with bracing inside

http://www.woofersetc.com/p8129/MM840--Polk-Audio-Mobile-Monitor-Series-8"-subwoofer.htm