XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've seen a lot of people sign up, post once trying to sell something, and never post again. A lot of them don't even post pictures, and just leave their cell phone or email.

I think we should have a minimum post count OR minimum member time before you are allowed to make a new thread in F/S or Wanted sections of the forums. Not only that, it will help deter any shady new people coming trying to scam.

Something like, minimum member time of a week, or 25 posts or something. Or both, because if it's just posts that could lead to post-whoring.. which is never cool.

Thoughs?

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say 6 months AND 500 posts

willowcairns

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
500? i totally agree but 500 posts is way to much i would say at least 50 posts and 2 months

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no cuz its easy to post whore 50, then wait 2 months.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
10k post plus 6th year, must be 21 years old

willowcairns

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no cuz its easy to post whore 50, then wait 2 months.

well someone would have to be a complete waste of life just to do that. So they could post something for sale
and never post again. A lot of them don't even post pictures, and just leave their cell phone or emal
They wouldn't even try scamming if there were some restrictions and that would take time.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well someone would have to be a complete waste of life just to do that. So they could post something for sale
They wouldn't even try scamming if there were some restrictions and that would take time.
most scammers are

HatchmanEJ6

Mmmonocle smile!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how about making it mandatory to have pics RIGHT when you make a fs thread? none of this " email me for pics" or " ill have em up later" crap.

willowcairns

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I also don't like it when people just make a profile to sell there car, restrictions would help that

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
We used to have a minimum post count and minimum time on the site. We did away with it a year or two ago. If I remember correctly, we decided that it was best just to leave it to the buyer's discretion. It is none of our business to decide whether or not you can buy something from somebody with only 1 post. If you want to, that's fine. If you only trust somebody with 1000 posts, that's fine too.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I agree that we should have this, and have been an advocate for it in the past, I'd be all for it if it was brought up again :thumbs up

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
We used to have a minimum post count and minimum time on the site. We did away with it a year or two ago. If I remember correctly, we decided that it was best just to leave it to the buyer's discretion. It is none of our business to decide whether or not you can buy something from somebody with only 1 post. If you want to, that's fine. If you only trust somebody with 1000 posts, that's fine too.
I definitely get that, I just think it would cut down on spam in general.. Too frequently I see someone come on, sign up, post once and leave their email, never to be seen again. I would like the site to see consistent members, who actually stay on the site and post.. not just one-post wonders.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I definitely get that, I just think it would cut down on spam in general.. Too frequently I see someone come on, sign up, post once and leave their email, never to be seen again. I would like the site to see consistent members, who actually stay on the site and post.. not just one-post wonders.
right but the bigger picture is this.. maybe I am willing to take a chance on a guy with only 3 posts because the seller is selling something really cheap and it is worth the risk.. OR maybe he happens to live in driving distance so i can go see the part first hand.. the problem with creating a specific restriction is that it limits people who may not be interested in being limited.. when I buy things online I judge the individual situation.. and sometimes even though someone may only have a handful of posts on one site, they may have an enormously solid reputation on another.. the other factor is post count doesn't really mean s**t.. look at that Tim guy in the classifieds right now.. he has been a member here for a pretty long time.. and just decided to be a scamming b***h out of nowhere.. so as Joe pointed out we leave it up to the buyer and seller to negotiate the terms, because there is simply NO perfect system...

hope that makes sense and helps clear up why we decided what we did...

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
right but the bigger picture is this.. maybe I am willing to take a chance on a guy with only 3 posts because the seller is selling something really cheap and it is worth the risk.. OR maybe he happens to live in driving distance so i can go see the part first hand.. the problem with creating a specific restriction is that it limits people who may not be interested in being limited.. when I buy things online I judge the individual situation.. and sometimes even though someone may only have a handful of posts on one site, they may have an enormously solid reputation on another.. the other factor is post count doesn't really mean s**t.. look at that Tim guy in the classifieds right now.. he has been a member here for a pretty long time.. and just decided to be a scamming b***h out of nowhere.. so as Joe pointed out we leave it up to the buyer and seller to negotiate the terms, because there is simply NO perfect system...

hope that makes sense and helps clear up why we decided what we did...
Charlie Moa.
zero post. (might have 1 or two by now)

I bought ITR calibers from him. :lol: i use to see him post in my local classifieds thread on HT. I took the risk of zero post, but did know him from another forum, didn't know him personally, but knew OF him.