suggestions on First changes for stock 01 civic coupe

conway90

Back In Black
5+ Year Member
hey i just recieved a 2001 civic coupe that is 100% STOCK, i was just wondering what should i try and change first, i dont want to break my bank account on it either, just some simple changes (stero? lip kit? muffler?..etc) what would u guys recommend? thanks =)

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lower it and do u have n e pics?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you should start on appearance sinceeee working on the motor is pointless.. unless your gunna dropp some $$$$ in that hoeeee

id say work on suspension =)

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lets see, I forget how the list goes:

Suspension
Brakes
Engine
Exterior
Interior
Tranny

Something like that. Id get some spring / shocks with a sway bar and beef up the brakes, then do the motor and some looks. Dont worry about rims (sometimes dropped stock cars look the best). And dont just throw a lip on there, cause thats what everyone does.

civic05acer

5+ Year Member
apperance like a drop. then i would go straight for appereance cuz d17 and bolt ons are useless. unless you bolt on turbo. haha

hondavtec01

5+ Year Member
I would start with a short ram intake.AEM or Injen.You will free up alot of room under the hood,gain alittle HP,never have to replace another filter just recharge,better throttle response,better sound,awsome under hood looks,good for the motor,and best bang for the buck.Check Ebay!

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hondavtec01 said:
I would start with a short ram intake.AEM or Injen.You will free up alot of room under the hood,gain alittle HP,never have to replace another filter just recharge,better throttle response,better sound,awsome under hood looks,good for the motor,and best bang for the buck.Check Ebay!
Not even worth the money. Sounds good, but people know you've got nothing under the hood. :rice:

conway90 said:
does anyone have photos or links to a lowered 01 coupe...thanks a bunch
Have you try the Photo section..? I know you are new and all but try searching first.

Powershift

GOT TRICKS?? 5iO.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For every member that's in this site you are going get a different opinion!

So how about you tell us what's the thing that you like the least out of your new car. Audio, Performance, Looks?

yamahaSHO

5+ Year Member
If you don't know what you want to change, why are you modding? You either have an idea, or you don't. Don't listen to what others are telling you.

What do you want out of the car? Do you want it to perform? Look nice? Look like s**t (rice)? Figure out what you really want out of the car, then do some research!

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
blah, take off the silence on the stock intake air box, Sounds deep, nice, and frees up space as well, frees up money too..lol

conway90

Back In Black
5+ Year Member
well i defnitly want a sound system and i want a lip kit too, also a spolier i just want to have it look nice and a few upgrades under the hood, but im just not sure about the order i should start in i can't pay for eveything at once but i just wat some reccomendations

CenZ

5+ Year Member
i would so springs and struts first, then rims. then work from there, you got an 01 so no matter what your rocking hubcaps. so you need to ditch them, you got the EX or the LX/DX?