Sunroof seal

offroading.net

scrw
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The haynes manual doesnt cover repairing the seal around the glass :(
Any ideas where you can get them and how easy they are to fit?

cheers

Steve

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Here are the Moonroof Assembly Diagrams and instructions I have. Don't know if this will help.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sorry for the thread jack, but whats the difference between a sunroof and a moonroof. and there is a difference so dont say that there isnt. i used to know it but forgot...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Is there a difference between a sunroof and a moonroof?

Generally, these two terms are used interchangably, and sometimes erroneously so.

Sunroofs are opaque panels that slide rearward and open completely whereas moonroofs are tinted glass panels that flip up slightly to allow air to flow. And some (but not all) moonroofs allow you to remove the glass panel and stow it elsewhere to open completely like a sunroof.

phill11204

Happy New Year!!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think sunroofs like u said are the opaque ones, but u can only open it, the moon roofs are the transperent ones that u can push upward, or slide backwards. damn, amy, u scanned in all those pages?, good work

offroading.net

scrw
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Is there a difference between a sunroof and a moonroof?

Generally, these two terms are used interchangably, and sometimes erroneously so.

Sunroofs are opaque panels that slide rearward and open completely whereas moonroofs are tinted glass panels that flip up slightly to allow air to flow. And some (but not all) moonroofs allow you to remove the glass panel and stow it elsewhere to open completely like a sunroof.
I thought it was just the time of day you opened it :lol:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
phill11204 said:
i think sunroofs like u said are the opaque ones, but u can only open it, the moon roofs are the transperent ones that u can push upward, or slide backwards. damn, amy, u scanned in all those pages?, good work
I didn't scan them. What I did was take the PDF file that they're on and "print screen" the pages. Copy them into Paint and connect the lower half (on my computer those pages equal just over one screen lenght). Then I just saved them as jpgs.

williams6807

I am having an issue with my sun roof/ moon roof, Not lifting out of the way completely. When I tried to open it the other day, it hit the roof leaving a few scratches showing my factory green paint. Not Cool at all. Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.