1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Sunroof seal

Discussion in 'Exterior / Detailing / Bodywork' started by offroading.net, Oct 16, 2004.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. offroading.net

offroading.net scrw 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

The haynes manual doesnt cover repairing the seal around the glass :(
    Any ideas where you can get them and how easy they are to fit?

cheers

Steve

2. NOFX

NOFX I'm NOT eran! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Here are the Moonroof Assembly Diagrams and instructions I have. Don't know if this will help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Shiznit

Shiznit Stickin it to the Man Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

sorry for the thread jack, but whats the difference between a sunroof and a moonroof. and there is a difference so dont say that there isnt. i used to know it but forgot...

4. NOFX

Is there a difference between a sunroof and a moonroof?

Generally, these two terms are used interchangably, and sometimes erroneously so.

Sunroofs are opaque panels that slide rearward and open completely whereas moonroofs are tinted glass panels that flip up slightly to allow air to flow. And some (but not all) moonroofs allow you to remove the glass panel and stow it elsewhere to open completely like a sunroof.

5. phill11204

phill11204 Happy New Year!!!!!! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

i think sunroofs like u said are the opaque ones, but u can only open it, the moon roofs are the transperent ones that u can push upward, or slide backwards. damn, amy, u scanned in all those pages?, good work

6. offroading.net

offroading.net scrw 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I thought it was just the time of day you opened it :lol:

7. NOFX

I didn't scan them. What I did was take the PDF file that they're on and "print screen" the pages. Copy them into Paint and connect the lower half (on my computer those pages equal just over one screen lenght). Then I just saved them as jpgs.

8. williams6807

williams6807 New Member

I am having an issue with my sun roof/ moon roof, Not lifting out of the way completely. When I tried to open it the other day, it hit the roof leaving a few scratches showing my factory green paint. Not Cool at all. Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.