Super Slow, But Steady 88 ED6 Build

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So far i'm keeping the motor stock, that was what i said to my girl 3 months ago when i got it. I have kind of kept that promis, but not very well. The reson i told her this is cause she thinks that i want to "race" everybody in town. lol, i told her no, and that she is carzy. but still i love her so i keep mods to a minimum

It started off with the same motor, D15B1. The dpfi still has to go, but no worries, mini-me is on the way. So just to make it breath better i opted for a spectre intake system. 2 of the 22 deg. bends and 2 4 in. straights. put on the spectre filter and it got a littlt bit meaner.

Since i have no real mechanical skills to do swaps, i did the little things. So I pulled the A/C. First i cut the belt. Then 2 weeks later i pulled the whole unit. ok so im shaving like, 2 hp, and about 40 pounds. Not bad for a senior in highschool.

Started to look at the interior and said "Wow, these are some sh**ty front seats." So i called up my good friend and got some 98 civic Coupe seats off of him for 5 bucks. Little did he mention that i needed the new brackets. So i took the old seats out, and took off the brackets from each one. Grinded off the welds to the new seats, and put the new brakets in. Thwn when i went to install them, they didn't fit right because the out-side braket got moved 4 inches, so i just drilled a hole and bolted it in. Dont forget to put spacers in the back, but if you do, some time in the near future make a braket out of steel or aluminum to hold the weight, i know that my rear bolt will break soon.

The front lip off the 1st gen integra(88 to 89 work best) was pretty easy. Take off the bumper (the 4 bolts holding it and 4 screws by the wheel wells) line up the lip to how you like it and drill around 8 to 10 holes. I used about an inch of space between the lip and bumper. take the bolt and a lockwasher and tighted it on once your ready. cut off any excess behind the bumper and go put it back on, easy as that.

After that, O ordered some front and rear Vibrant Performance upper strut bars and shift knob. Those took about an hour since my chasis wasn't perfectly straight.

Some of the things I just recently finished was changing my cluster lights to Amber:

and installing my fog lights, love how they look.

thank god for the night! and a fresh set of batteries for the digicam!

thanks for lookin guys!

Last edited:

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why would a senior in high school let his girl determine what he does to his car?

nice otherwise

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why would a senior in high school let his girl determine what he does to his car?

nice otherwise
i mainly let her determine it cause of the fact that i have low amounts of money, so i cant do much, so she is kinda helpin me save money to pay insurence really....check out the fogs i just put on

Big_Mull_Style

none shall pass
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do they teach you to proof read in high school?

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol, no i dont proof read, mainly cause i dont really care.

When i bought the car it came with stock struts and ebay coil springs.

To this day i have not changed the struts or coils to anything better, but i would love to soon

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks, i hope to get it goin on the mpfi swap some time soon...yeah im in p town, so pm me if you ever wanna come down lol

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dont have pics up yet, but i just put in a iEQUUS voltage gauge, and put an amber bulb behind it, looks sick. im thinkin of putting the pink on i have behind it though lol and just got back from my girls, go to turn on my fogs,a nd i blew out my damn fuse! so now i have to change it when i wake up for school tomorrow. i also got new(er) rims thanks to my friend for free, they are off of a sentra, they look like mini blades really lol. im thinking of painting them either bronze or red, but they look hella sick! ill keep whoever really cares about my slow as f**k build apdated the more i do. thanks!