Surging Idle EP3 Civic Si

robotsinmyhead

5+ Year Member
Ever since I've had this thing, I've gone through periods where my idle surges and eventually throws a P0507 code. During (re)installation of my cold air intake, the nipple on the Air Assist Valve assembly broke and I assumed that was the culprit. Now this idle surge period is full time, and if the car idles for too long, it throws that code and goes into limp mode.

Following some advice from all over the internet, I did a delete on that AAV assembly and plugged the holes up, but that did not solve the issue. I can't seem to find the cause or the solution to this problem and it's driving me nuts.

Also, doing an 'idle reset' by pulling the FI fuse didn't do the job either. I'm assuming there's either a leak somewhere in the vacuum system that I simply can't find, or I'm missing something obvious and stupid.

04 Civic Si, K20 - not modifications other than the cold air intake.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you try cleaning out the idle air control valve ???

robotsinmyhead

5+ Year Member
Further reading leads me to believe there's something up with the TB and/or IACV. I haven't dug into that yet.

stewbon28

Did you ever fine or what the problem was? Mine dose that to but doesn't throw any codes. But when I'm warming her up I think some one is trying to run off with her lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk