Suspension/Spindle/Hub/Knuckle question. (EG/EK)

JaredB

5+ Year Member
Can you use an EG Civic Steering Hub (whole thing) on an EK Civic (1999)?

Today, was going to get a new wheel bearing pressed into the Passenger's Side Hub in but we could not get the axle to separate from the Knuckle. We put that thing through everything short of doing damage, with no luck. So we took the axle and knuckle up to a local machine shop and he said he would try. Turns out he could not get the axle out so there was no work done to the spindle. However, when we got it home and actually took the time to look at it there was 2 large (0.5"x1.0") shards of heavy metal lodged in between the axle and the knuckle itself. Almost looks like the guy tried to just pry it out and broke something in it and gave up.

So, we just went to put everything back together (after pulling the shards out of course) so I could drive the car until we could find another solution to getting a new wheel bearing. Got everything put back together correctly drove it a few minutes without issues.

Well, times come to take one of my friends home, dropped him off, and on the way back going over an overpass for the highway I heard a snap, the car started shaking very badly resonating from the front passenger's side area, and it sounded like something was detached and spinning violently from the car.. I'm not exactly sure how to describe the sound but regardless it was bad. Got it up the street about 150-200 feet to a Quik Trip and parked it and waited on a friend to show up (one of the two who were there, not the one I had just dropped off, but the one who's house we were at).

So... What are my options? Have yet to look at the car in detail as it is pouring down rain here in Overland Park, KS and we're under Tornado watch until around 3-4AM.

Car is going to be towed (Road Side Rescue) to my friends house in the morning, the one who's house we were all at today. Will be able to look into it tomorrow but I want to know if I can use an EG axle/spindle/hub/knuckle on my EK because they're a dime a dozen at a local salvage yard (EG's.. EK's are rare as crap). Also wanting to know what Club Civic may think it is.

Also, for whoever may be reading this that read my last thread about my radiator. It's fixed. Just needed a new radiator and cap.

Thank you to anyone who may have constructive input to input on this topic,
-Jared

EJ1_MK

Man another kansas resident did you figure out what was wrong with the spindle, and here is the list 90-01 integra spindles and 92-00 civic ex,si spindles are all the same, 92-00 cx,dx,lx are all the same. depending on your model that is what you need to look for, Now integra and ex,si have bigger brakes.

PM and I might be able to find you parts really fast, if you still need them.