Swap options for civic 88 sedan

Nomi

Respected
This car has a d15b non vtec which had done it's time. Need opinion for which is the best option for new swap. Options at hand are k20 a/t, k24a cl9 m/t. Both are half cut accords so can get ecu wiring etc. Can anyone suggest that will any of two even fit into this car?

saquon

This car has a d15b non vtec which had done it's time. Need opinion for which is the best option for new swap. Options at hand are k20 a/t, k24a cl9 m/t. Both are half cut accords so can get ecu wiring etc. Can anyone suggest that will any of two even fit into this car?
Use the k24 block and the k20 head

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Nomi

Respected
Faster and easier install would be a D16z6 for just a little pep in your step, but if power is what you are looking for then the k24 and k20 head would be an excellent choice
Head over which block?

Ravendragonslair78

Respected
There is a debate on this. Some say tuned automatic transmissions are faster, and some say manual transmissions are faster. My opinion is definitely manual transmission. Way more fun to drive and easier & cheaper to fix and find a replacement if necessary

saquon

There is a debate on this. Some say tuned automatic transmissions are faster, and some say manual transmissions are faster. My opinion is definitely manual transmission. Way more fun to drive and easier & cheaper to fix and find a replacement if necessary
Tbh you'll probably get the most 2sec with a auto but to me I'm not gonna go spend all that money on a auto trans and it blow up when you can get a manual and say for example 2ns gear go out replace it with another hinds gear from any k20 or k24 trans manual is better and simpler

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Nomi

Respected
Without much thought, bought a k23a3 with ast5 6 speed manual. ECU and meters with whole wiring taken out from a cl9 half cut. cost around 2000usd. Hope it fits in fine. Couldn't figure out the actual specs for it though.

Nomi

Respected
Dear, having been able to place a k24a3 in my civic. Do I need to bother about the steering gear?