Swap wiring problem: 91 civic hatchback std

Mlcook96

I have a 91 Honda civic hatchback std, it came as a roller no motor or trans. well it came with nothing not even a wiring harness. so I swapped a d16z6 and si tranny into and the only harness I could get was one from a 91 Honda civic sedan lx. me and my friend converted it over to mpfi and took our time so we wouldn't mess up(not our first time doing that), but after hooking everything else up inside we get no crank. we get power just no crank, the main relay clicks, and then when you turn the key the relay behind the stereo clicks, but nothing else but that. also something on the intake manifold clicks? any help would be greatly appreciated

Mlcook96

update i bought ground cables and put them all were they should be and still the same thing

also can anyone tell me where all these plugs go/what they do

15225374_10153873238272251_184732914_o.jpg 15215838_10153873238217251_53229631_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mlcook96

15215993_10153873237967251_74346409_o.jpg 15183883_10153873238102251_933412000_o.jpg

also i use the battery in the car im driving now

Mlcook96

does it have to be in the same exact spot? like would it make that big of a difference, because that isnt the stock motor its a d16z6

does it have to be in the same exact spot? like would it make that big of a difference, because that isnt the stock motor its a d16z6
the front chassis harness is from a auto, but the rear is from a Manuel and has the clutch interlock switch, but does the front harness have a neutral safety switch

daperez13

Respected
Do you have power to the starter?

When you turn the key to the 'on' position, do you get power to the instrument panel and other accessories?

Mlcook96

Do you have power to the starter?

When you turn the key to the 'on' position, do you get power to the instrument panel and other accessories?
yes I do have power to cluster and starter, and does anyone have pictures of where all the dash harness plugs into.

Mlcook96

Put the transmission in neutral.

Unplug starter solenoid connector.

Run a wire from the (+) battery post to the starter solenoid.

When you touch the wire to the solenoid terminal, does the engine crank?
yes it does, ive already tried that.

Mlcook96

So jumping power to the solenoid makes the engine crank, but the key in ON(III) does not?
correct, when i turn the key to the on position the main relay makes it clicking noise, then when i turn the key to try to start it the cigerette lighter relay behind the stereo clicks and thats it.

daperez13

Respected
Have you confirmed that the starter actually spins? What is the voltage on the battery right now? Have someone check it as you attempt to crank the engine.

What do you hear at the starter when you crank the engine? It doesn't make sense that the starter turns but the engine doesn't. Unless you have the starter dislocated.

Mlcook96

Check whether the rubber stopper that presses on the starter switch at the top of the clutch pedal broke and fell out.

View attachment 28590
its their

Have you confirmed that the starter actually spins? What is the voltage on the battery right now? Have someone check it as you attempt to crank the engine.

What do you hear at the starter when you crank the engine? It doesn't make sense that the starter turns but the engine doesn't. Unless you have the starter dislocated.
okay the battery is good i use it in my dd, and the starter will crank the engine over when the conections are jumped, im trying to figure out electrical problems.

Mlcook96

Use your multimeter to test whether one of the pins in the switch connector receives battery voltage with key held in ON(III).
alright i will have to do that tomorrow since it is really late, but thank you for your help so far!