Symptoms of a dodgy fuel pump?

MurrayM_

Dunno if I'm right in thinking it's my fuel pump that's knackered or what so here's my symptoms..
The car will fire up when cold first turn of the key and run perfect for 10 or so minutes, usually within 15 it'll start to strain as if its running low on fuel although it's not. Given alot of throttle it'll stay running but otherwise it'll conk out and refuse to start afterwards.

My best guess is that with cold start kicking in it runs fine giving it extra ooomph and with plenty throttle it'll run but on idle she'll struggle? then if it's turned off it won't as the pump hasnt got enough life??

It's had a new fuel filter, new plugs and it's constantly got a strong spark. It's a civic eg fitted with a b16a2 vtec engine.

Trekk

Registered VIP
Could be, but w/o doing a fuel pressure test it would be a guess, however the pumps dont cost very much, and are easy to change if you have the money and time to do it.
Do you have any check enigne light on?

MurrayM_

yeah check engine light came on when I changed dials as the bulb had been removed by a previous owner, so contacted him and he said the light came on when he fitted a new clutch so I assume something's not connected properly? it's been like that and ran fine for years though. Only recently it's started to play up