tach jumping around and squeak noise

94fourdoor

Ten Money
Ok, I have been searching google and every honda forum I can find, and no one has a solution. First off, a couple days ago my tach and cruise quit working, well yesterday i go to drive it, and tach is working, but jumps around when i hit a bump. also when i hit a bump cruise cuts off and pops my gas pedal back up... i have checked everything i could think of and cant find anything. secondly, in the front passenger side, when i hit a bump or turn the wheel, there is a loud squeaking noise any ideas on that? once again i ave looked at everything and checked all boots and filled everything possible with new grease. and i know this is a lot to one post, but one more thing, idk if they are related or not, but when i drive on gravel the steering is extremely sloppy and when i go 55+ the whole front end vibrates. any input is much appriciated. i cant figure it out at all.

Pocket_eh

Ordering Civic HB Parts
5+ Year Member
check the plug on your driver finder and make sure its plugged in all the way, and make sure there are no tares in the wires from your dizzy to the plug on the finder. mine jumps sometimes because during the swap i cut my harness like a dumbass. >.> hope it helps mate.

on on the cruise check and make sure the clutch button on the bottom of the peddle is still there, and check fuses.

squeeking maybe tire rub? dunno anyhthing else that would make it do that. hope it helps....

RonJ

Banned
I know your Civic is better than sex with a women, but why not share some details about what you have (year, trim, mods, etc.)?

94fourdoor

Ten Money
94 lx, lowered on ebay coilovers almost totally stock d15b7 automatic.

civic402Lx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So y are you doing 55+ on gravel road? Gravel road will cause bumpy rides and vibrates.

Check your VSS harness, located on the tranny..if the plug or the harness is faulty then your cluster will be glitchy.

So y did you put some crappy no name coil over on your car? Squeaks could mean there is problem with your shock..improper installation of the coil kit..etc..

94fourdoor

Ten Money
well, the crappy coilovers wern't my choice, i bought the car with them on there and im saving up money to buy new ones now. and i was meaning 55+ on normal roads... the thing about the gravel is just that my wheel shimmys back and forth on gravel... it's never done it before till now, and i used to live on a gravel road so i know how gravel feels, and this is different