Tach not working

68Camaro

Respected
Hey y'all so my tach doesn't work. Sitting here looking at the ecu . Can someone tell me wtf I'm looking at? Looks like a hacked mess.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MotorMo

Respected
Looks kinda stock to me. The only symptom is the tach stopped working?

68Camaro

Respected
Looks kinda stock to me. The only symptom is the tach stopped working?
Whole cluster stopped working , other than the fuel gauge . All the lights work tho. Wasn't sure it looked kinda hacked to me that's why I said something

68Camaro

Respected
Car information and modifications?
As far as I know chipped ecu , xxr wheels function and form coils, short shift kit , cold air intake and some other random stuff I'm forgetting. But in concerns to the cluster , all the lights come on and everything just the tach and speedo do not work

68Camaro

Respected
Car information (year, trim, engine, specific ECU)?
99, y8 not sure on the trim loaded with all the options. Ecu I'm not sure I've been trying to figure out but idk how to tell what it is

68Camaro

Respected
Sounds like a 99 Civic EX. Coupe or sedan?

Speedo -- Is CEL code 17 thrown?

The 99 Civic EX has OBD2b wiring, which gets the tach signal from the ECU rather than the distributor. That's likely why your tach doesn't work.

The ECU has a white label on it. Post a pic.
coupe , I don't have a reader so i can't see it[emoji58]

68Camaro

Respected
You have a stock P2P ECU for the D16Y8 engine. It's not chipped.

You don't need a code reader to check the codes. Just jump the service connector.
That's what I was told so i just believed it lol. How do I jump the service connecter ?

68Camaro

Respected
You have a stock P2P ECU for the D16Y8 engine. It's not chipped.

You don't need a code reader to check the codes. Just jump the service connector.
Checked codes , nothing only one im getting is airbag

68Camaro

Respected
Check whether the cluster receives rpm and speed signals. If so, the cluster or gauges are bad.
Nothing but I just tested the test signal and it works but I realized something..... not a 99-00 ecu which means that's why there is no tach it gets it from the distributor

68Camaro

Respected
Only the tach is wired differently. The other gauges are wired the same.

The speedo is a separate issue.

Are you saying that the cluster is receiving both speedo and tach signals?
I tested it and no tach , my vss isn't hooked up yet so I'm not sure plan on doing it soon so I can see if I can get anything to work. Currently nothing works other than lights no gauges at all