Tachometer and Speedometer aren't working .

eK_Sedan

I didn't bleed the system ..

I think they did, since there is a brand new Skunk2 radiator and hoses . Thats the only mod on the car everything is stock .
But then again you never know ! Lol

I will test the ECT AND TSP Sensors right now and will post results. Then I will bleed the cooling system . Just got off work, walking to oreillys is not on my mind right now. Lol

Tps : 0.49 at WOT 4.49 .. car on engine off .

Ect : 2.94 ...
I tried this test on 200 & 2000 ohm it only seem to read when i set it to 20k ohm. Car off and engine cold, I touched one end of the prong inside the sensor with the red one and the black on the other one .

Last edited by a moderator:

RonJ

Banned
Ect : 2.94 ...
I tried this test on 200 & 2000 ohm it only seem to read when i set it to 20k ohm. Car off and engine cold, I touched one end of the prong inside the sensor with the red one and the black on the other one .
2.94 Ohms? If so, it's bad.

RonJ

Banned
What is the reading with the meter set at the 200 Ohm scale (engine fully warmed up)?

eK_Sedan

I don't get a reading with the multimeter set to 200 ohms, only when its set to 20,000 ohms .

Results : 0.25
Fully warmed up engine fan came on three times before I tested it .

That's with me touching the two male connectors inside the sensor .

eK_Sedan

Will do ..

There some stuff I found today that I've over looked .. there was a nut missing on the lower passenger side of the intake manifold so I replaced it . Then there was a slit in one of the hoses on the top/front part of the intake manifold. Repaired that . .

Pulled the back up fuse then reinstalled it car ran for 20 mins no CEL .. turned the car off went inside ate and read how to test a IACV.....

I disconnected the IACV then started the car, idle was high. Plugged it back in and my intake mad a weird gurgling sound, only lasted about a second. After that my idle just bounced up and down really fast..

Red/Wht Blk/Grn

RonJ

Banned
I got a reading on my ECT sensor today using 200 ohm..

Result : 02.4

Engine cold .
I don't know what the spec reading is when the engine is cold. When the engine is hot, the ECT sensor should read 200-400 Ohms. If it doesn't, then replace it.

eK_Sedan

I did the test for the heck of it.
With car hot I got 02.4

Question, am I able to use a ECT Sensor from a d16z6 ?

Nevermind, they are only 30 bucks new.. I will just go buy one from oreillys. Lol

I seen this today, don't know how I missed it.. tested the RED/WHT wire got a 4.49 reading .

I put the new ECT Sensor on got a reading of 353 ohms when car is hot .. Code still came back

I'm driving right now .. no jerking . But idle is still high.

eK_Sedan

The jerking has returned:cry: ...

I was just stopped at a light, when it was my turn to go i pressed the gas got into the intersection and my car jerked. That was extra embarassing, Lol.. I go to my destination turned my car off for about a minute came outside started up and drove off without the car jerking, weird . I really thought replacing the ECT did the trick, I guess my problem lies else where ?

It did feel good to drive it for those 2 days though. Lol

RonJ

Banned
The jerking has returned:cry: ...

I was just stopped at a light, when it was my turn to go i pressed the gas got into the intersection and my car jerked. That was extra embarassing, Lol.. I go to my destination turned my car off for about a minute came outside started up and drove off without the car jerking, weird . I really thought replacing the ECT did the trick, I guess my problem lies else where ?

It did feel good to drive it for those 2 days though. Lol
Idle problem? Do you want help? If so, you must provide clear descriptions of problems. All CEL codes gone?

eK_Sedan

Yes, i am still having idle problems.. when I reset the ECU (pull backup fuse) it will idle fine but once I drive it til the CEL comes on and come to a stop the idle will stay high, between 1500-2000 RPMs.. on cold starts with the CEL on it'll sound like its revving at about 3000 RPMs .. the idle does fluctuate every now and then, like its bouncing from 1500-2000 . If I tap the gas pedal the idle will go down to what sounds like normal but then will go back up to 1500-2000 range.

Code 14/p0505 is still popping up .I don't know if you were able to see the picture I took of the ECT connector plug on the wiring harness. The wire is showing right at the plug .

RonJ

Banned
1) Did you properly bleed the cooling system after replacing the ECT sensor?

2) When the engine is fully warmed up and the idle is high or surging, remove the air intake system and use your figure to cover the hole inside the TB leading to the IACV. Does the idle speed drop very low and does the surging stop?

eK_Sedan

The picture is on post #91, its the first post on this page

1. No, I didn't bleed the coolant system.. no coolant at the moment. Shame on me, I know .

2. Yes, idle speed drops down ans the surging stops .. Sounds normal honestly .

RonJ

Banned
Bleeding the cooling system may take 20-30 minutes.

1) Park the car on an inclined driveway with the front end higher than the rear.

2) Push/turn the dash heater lever/knob to MAX heat. Fan need not be on.

3) Follow the directions in the diagram below

eK_Sedan

Followed the diagram that you posted, everything went right.. until I put the radiator cap back on tight, started the car idle went up high and the check engine light came on ..