Taillights off when headlights on: '97 Civic

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Regarding my 1997 Civic HX... My tail lights and turn signal lights aren't turning on when the headlights are turned on. The gauge cluster and interior do still turn on accordingly. I haven't been able to correctly identify if this is caused by a fuse or relay via online diagrams. My fuses seem OK but again I don't know which fuse is specific to this. And yes, the brake lights & turn signals are working fine.

Coincidentally, I spent yesterday afternoon diagnosing why one rear lamp wasn't turning on when the headlights were on only to realize it was a faulty bulb. I guess its possible I somehow shorted a fuse in the process but the lights were all functioning properly once I finished yesterday. I noticed this night lighting issue last night.

TS2008

All turn signal lights not working or only one side ??

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All turn signal lights not working or only one side ??
My turn signals are fine. its the light-up option once the headlights are turned on that is not functioning.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It ended up being a 7.5 fuse under the dash, top 2nd from the right. Unfortunately, the fuse diagram I have on the panel door, which I sourced from a junkyard, showed something different than the diagram I found online (posted below). Can anyone clarify the two (or more?) varying fuse diagrams?

Attachments