Takara: Real Time Four Wheel Drive

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol yea. Parts are on order. Will be here mid week. It'll be running by next weekend!

- Szady

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I finally got it all apart...since this isn't my main daily (YET..) I'm taking my time working on it... Plus the weather is hit or miss between cold and rain/snow...

When I unbolted the water pump, it fell off in TWO pieces... The pump itself, and the propeller... I now see why it was leaking...lol.

Any who...I snapped a few pics...

Old Water Pump...

New Water Pump

All Torn Apart

#1 Cylinder/Piston... Looks pretty good considering how that valve was...

B20z2 FTW!

How She Currently Sits...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn. That pump was shot lol.

Getting there! I assume you guys just got rain last night?

We f**king got 6-8" of snow or so. Lameeeeeeeee

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea last night was nothing but a ton of rain. Those pics were from yesterday, though. We had sun/clouds, temps in the mid 40's. Perfect "spring" day to work on it.

I'm waiting for the gaskets to arrive (sometime this week...) and I can start putting it all back together. SHOULD have plates on it by the weekend (ASSuming the gaskets show up before then...)

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
New water pump is installed, and the bottom end is all back together. Waiting for the gaskets, which will be here Saturday some time (according to FedEx). Then, it all goes back together. More pics to come!

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just got everything all back together for the MOST part. All that's left is the dizzy, valve adjustment, valve cover and intake box (the one that goes above the intake manifold).

Quick back story... I got the gasket set, went to bolt the head down, and snapped a head bolt because the torque wrench I had s*** itself. So, I ordered all new head bolts, and borrowed a torque wrench from a tech at work, and bolted the head all down properly. The rest was cake from there. It was just a matter of getting time after work to work on it, and dealing with the snow/rain...

Oh, and SORRY for the SHITTY ass iPod picture. It's all I had on me when taken. I'll get more pics tomorrow when I can get my DSLR out.

- Szady

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good! I'm excited for purple. :lol:

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Quick preview of what's coming...

- Szady

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not TOO much of an update but....

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love the seat. It's comfy as all hell. Way more supportive than ANY stock Honda seat.

- Szady

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So a small update... After replacing the radiator with one that wasn't cracked...I blew a head gasket. I'm leaking oil from both sides of the motor between the head and block at the #1 cylinder. Once I pressurized the coolant system, is when the gasket blew... So, I need to order a head gasket set, find a torque wrench, and tear it all down again....

I painted ALL the black trim on the car, back to black. It was a nasty faded-black, almost a grey. I masked the car off, and plasti-dipped it all black. The car looks literally brand new again.

Once I get off my lazy ass and 1)wash the car, and 2)get my camera out, I'll get you guys some quality pictures. :thumbs up

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea...so...no new pictures. lol. Havent done s*** to the car really...changed the head gasket AGAIN because my torque wrench broke when bolting it down resulting in a squashed gasket... New gasket on, running like a champ.

Oh...I installed a Yonaka catback exhaust (only company that really makes an exhaust for the CR-V...). The exhaust sounds AWESOME! Nice, deep and throaty. No raspy 'bees in a can' bulls***.

I can't decide if I want to get a new steering wheel, or just save up for a drop and a decent set of wheels...

IDK....

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im torn on these crvs lol. Think id rather have a bagged odyssey

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im torn on these crvs lol. Think id rather have a bagged odyssey
That would be sick as hell. I tried to buy a 2000 Odyssey from a coworker once... He wouldnt sell it... lol