Tasteful mods

domindart01

What are they? Brakes, exhaust (non buzzy kind)? Induction, tuning?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are they? Brakes, exhaust (non buzzy kind)? Induction, tuning?

Some are subtle, some are cosmetic, 5" outlets on an exhaust i would venture to say are NOT tasteful, along with an obnoxious sound.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Tasteful varies depending on who you ask really.

Tasteful: Window tint, a slight drop to get rid of some wheel gap, wheels with good fitment, and keep good care of your paint.
Not tasteful: Obnoxious exhaust, excessive camber / stance, giant wings, useless cosmetics such as fake hood scoops and vents, stickers, rust

domindart01

Anyone have a cai on your car?

Ej8civicex

Tasteful mods to me are rebuild/strengthen suspension, fresh brake fluid, stainless steel brake lines, seat swaps..

domindart01

Do stainless steel b lines really improve? Also, fluid? I have been thinking about better pads.

domindart01

My car has 178000miles . Can I add a cai with no I'll effects?

Drakon543

Just run a synthetic blend. Also I think the cai needs to have the step down portion for the maf. Some of the cheaper ones don't have it and I think it will cause a cel. At 175k your safe with a cai and a cat back exhaust. Stainless lines do improve braking a bit sometimes noticeable sometimes not. Just get some good pads and rotors and you will be fine. Do some YouTube searches for different exhaust options for a sound you will like. Do you have a base or an si?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rattle can paint jobs, gaudy bookshelf rear wings, ridiculous oil pan scraping stance, and accented interior pieces are examples of mods that are NOT tasteful.

domindart01

Car is totalled so may sell the parts or sell car to a yard. Anyone know if I can sell parts here or anywhere? 2009 Civic 178 k but it's in great condition

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Car is totalled so may sell the parts or sell car to a yard. Anyone know if I can sell parts here or anywhere? 2009 Civic 178 k but it's in great condition

You can sell here in the classified section once you meet the requirements. 30 days and 30 posts. Until then, Craigslist and local automotive forums are your best bet.

Sucks about the car, hope you're alright though.