tein basis coilover...anyone have them

touge_monster

i wanted to know if anyone has these coilover. I am looking for some full coilover for my em1 civic si for daily driving and Koni yellow wit ground control is out of my budget....any reviews would be very helpful. thanks civic club

sleeper si

Registered VIP
koni yellows and decent springs is your best option.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have them on my Civic. I was very happy with them! Rode very smoothly and didn't cost an arm and a leg.

My only issue that I had was that one of them blew after just a couple months. Tried to get it replaced, and Tein said they would IF I sent it to them first for them to look at and determine it wasn't installed improperly. Since it was my only car at the time, that wasn't an option.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
will regular 6th gen coilovers fit on the si im not familiar with 6th gens.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
will regular 6th gen coilovers fit on the si im not familiar with 6th gens.
Yeah, Si just has different spring rates, larger front swaybar and a rear swaybar. Front shock forks and rear lca's are the same.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
so i am guessing tein basis is a no huh....any other options for a cool price
They are a good option, as long as you don't plan on going lower than 2" with them. I would consider them the ultimate DD coilover comfort wise. I did a 7-hour road trip in an Accord on Tein Basis, and they were super comfortable.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes i have the progress CS1 kit for 04-05 this is the company thats makes Toyota TRD suspension for north america along with America Honda Motor Corporation,Nissan Motorsports,Mazda,Roush among others so there definitely reputable. also the replacement shocks if you do need one are $75 dollars.