Tein H Tech Lowering Springs

Mugen.Kid

5+ Year Member
Hey I just got my civic not too long ago and I'm looking for something to close up the wheel gap. I am looking into getting Tein H Tech lowering springs that would give me about an inch drop all around since this is my daily driver and I don't want it lowered too much. Would it be ok to install the springs on the stock struts or should I buy new struts? I know that new struts would be the better choice, but how much difference does it make in ride quality, etc. to keep the stock struts? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey I just got my civic not too long ago and I'm looking for something to close up the wheel gap. I am looking into getting Tein H Tech lowering springs that would give me about an inch drop all around since this is my daily driver and I don't want it lowered too much. Would it be ok to install the springs on the stock struts or should I buy new struts? I know that new struts would be the better choice, but how much difference does it make in ride quality, etc. to keep the stock struts? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
if you are gonna lower you prolly should change the struts, but u dont have to if all you are wanting is a inch, if you are gonna slam it then yah that would deff be something you should get, but i dunno if i would worry with it since how its just a inch

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
keeping the stock struts will cause it to be a little more bouncy. If your going to get Tein springs, get the S tech's. I think they drop it a little more. The ride will be a little bouncier than stock, but not too bad.
Coilovers ftw

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The springs you mentioned will be just fine on stock struts... Just get an alignment after. S-Tech springs will also be just fine on stock struts and they lower your car a little more. Not even that low...

da hulk

5+ Year Member
so they say...i heard its more like 1.5....i just orederd mine they should be here tomoro...ill take pictures

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
S-techs arent all that great. I bet the ride is nice though, but the drop licks nuts.

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have S-techs on my stock struts. They are just fine to me.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, Mugen.Kid, you should get the S-Techs, they don't drop as low as stated, and you CAN use them with stock shocks. I think they are cheaper too.

Mugen.Kid

5+ Year Member
Alright well I guess I'm gonna go for the Tein springs then. If anyone has any before and after pictures of either the H Tech or S Tech, pls post them.. Thanks for the info!