TEIN S. Tech's VS. Eibach Pro-Kit

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I actually found a killer deal on S. Tech's and I know Pro-Kit's cost $200+ with shipping and such. So I was thinking of MAYBE switching over to S. Tech's.

The only problem is, my car is a DD and I've seen 6th gen coupes dropped on S. Tech's and it seems like its fairly low (1 finger gap if that). And with Eibach Pro-Kit, it looks like you can fit more (2/3 fingers maybe?).

But does anyone own them personally and can give input? Sometimes I run into bumps (stupid speed bump s**t in random parking lots) and I don't want to scrap or rub. I mean I literally RARELY come across speed bumps and such. But going into my driveway, there's the storm drain so it dips down and I really don't want to scrape everytime I come home or leave. I plan on getting a front lip too and I don't want to rip that s**t off within a day.

Input?

ryanM

sprint springs, 3.5" drop

do it!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LOL I'd have to park at the turn around in my street like 20 feet past my driveway. I wouldn't be able to make it past the storm drain and onto the actual black top part of my driveway :( lol.

But I really don't know about S. Tech's. They look too low for me. Eibach Pro-Kit is the ideal height I want but hey .4 more inches for almost $50+ less doesn't sound too bad but from pics, it looks too harsh for my likings.

ryanM

i was determined to tuck a lug nut in my civic, and i scraped on my driveway at stock height, cuz its rediculously steep. but i didnt care. i was gonna rock that s**t hard. too bad it never got that far.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tein..dont be a wuzz...drive sideways

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:rolf:

The thing is, I'm only going to have enough money for modifications, and not a new car or expensive labor/parts if I f**k something up if I bottom out too hard.

str8venom99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i had the pro kit on oem struts and it rode like was stock, i never bottomed out, etc. the pro-kit is def good but depends on what size wheels cause whit my 14" hx wheels the barely looked like it was dropped. like the rear sat nice right above the tire but the front had like a 3 finger gap. but when i had 18s on the drop was near perfect back was tucked and like a finger gap up front. as far as the teins ive never rode on them but they do go a lil lower up front which mat take care of that front gap. if your goin with smaller wheels like 15s and under id say tein or 16 or larger prokit

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
f**k TEIN. I just went out with a measuring tape and measured points on the car 2" lower (I only did 2" as for extreme case with people in the car and such) and it's way too low. Front tire has no finger gap and rear is worse.

I'll just stick with Pro-Kit. And yeah I forgot to mention I'm pretty much the main driver out of most of my friends so I'm always going to have 2/3 or more people in my car. Pro-Kit it is.

:smackself:

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just put s. techs on my stock shocks. i guess mine arent settled yet but i have a 2 finger gap in the back and about 2 fingers in the front...i have 2 10in subs in my trunk and a front lip. believe me when i say im scared to go low in my area. s. techs are the perfect drop imo

edit. if u have a swap ull also have more weight in the front. i havent bottomed out, scraped, or gotten my lip taken off yet =)

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
f**k TEIN. I just went out with a measuring tape and measured points on the car 2" lower (I only did 2" as for extreme case with people in the car and such) and it's way too low. Front tire has no finger gap and rear is worse.

I'll just stick with Pro-Kit. And yeah I forgot to mention I'm pretty much the main driver out of most of my friends so I'm always going to have 2/3 or more people in my car. Pro-Kit it is.

:smackself:
f**k bro, your going to hate me when I sell my pro-kit in about 8 days.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
O....m....g........ I already do

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Eh f**k it. I'm planning on getting the S. Tech's now. They may be a bit softer but I've seen some pics of S. Tech's with 15's and 16's and it's not bad at all. Still a few finger gap. Plus with Tokico Illuminas, OEM SI sway bar, NRG H-Brace, OEM strut bar and a few other goodies, it should handle 1000x better.

But yeah how much just curious? And how long have they been used for? What you upgrading to?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
But yeah how much just curious? And how long have they been used for? What you upgrading to?
Maybe around $160-$180, im not too sure what they go for. They were used for about 10k, maybe 15 - great condition on em. Im upgrading to ground control (not for the budget person). Its about a $500 investment (coils / tophats), but it will be the ultimate with the koni yellows and slammed on si rims. ;)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:shock: Oh s**t!!!

Well then I'll pass on them ;). Can get the S. Tech's for less than $150 shipped ;)

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like a plan bro. Take some pics afterward and let us know your thoughts on em. I have a friend who has em on his em2 and idk I cant say I really like them / dislike them.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah it'll still be a while ;). My shocks and s**t are all blown to hell so I wanna do it right if I'm gonna buy the stuff. Like Illuminas, S. Tech's, Camber kits (I know it isn't necessary but it's bling and fairly cheap :lol:), etc. Hopefully by mid summer or even by the beginning by the time I'm out of school. Job situation is getting better and better each week that passes.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eh f**k camber kits ( I know you know they arent necessary, but they arent worth it IMO). They arent that cheap either - your money could be better spent. Do you want me to explain my reasoning? Or will you get them anyhow and I shouldn't waste 5 minutes of types?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha you don't have to type it out. I know. I just like mad bling factors all over my car :lol: :rolf: