1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Tein Street Advance Height Range?

Discussion in '6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)' started by EKFour, Mar 16, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. EKFour

EKFour New Member

I was looking into getting the Tein Street Advance for my civic but I can't for the life of me find how low they can drop the car. I'm looking to get a square fitment and get the fender lined up with the tire to close the wheel gap. I have done some research and have heard good things about these coilovers performance wise (was looking to mainly dd with occasional track day) but I have also heard that the rear of the car doesn't drop as low as many people have hoped. These fit perfectly in my price range and seem to have the performance I'm looking for, I was wondering if they have the aesthetic too. Any input?

I've recently found out about Progress CSII coilovers, how do they stack up against the Tein SA?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2017
  2. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I have Tein Street Advance, but it's hard for me to say what the range is. I would think you should be fine though, I have them a little more than 1/2 way down on the sleeve and with summer wheels (AP1 wheels), I have about a finger gap in the front, and 1.5 fingers in the rear. These are also on my RSX, not a Civic.

I've heard great things about Progress as well, but I'm very happy with my Teins.

3. Jay Jay

Jay Jay Administrator Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG Premium 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

4. EKFour

EKFour New Member

Thanks for the replies guys. After doing a bunch of research, I've actually decided to go with the Progress CS2 coilovers with 350F/350R spring rates!