Tein Super street weird height adjustment

lestah

Sedan Rulezzzz
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys, im in a bit of a pickle here. im from the Philippines and i have an EK sedan most of you guys have seen my posts. Anyway, i bought myself a set of Tein Super street coilovers for the EK9 because that was the model designated for my car. the coilovers are JDM spec so its different from the ones there in the States.

when i installed them on my car i adjusted the height according to he manual, which was 1 inch from the end of the spring seat thread. was satisfied with the stance so i lowered the from part all the way down to 1 finger gap.

here comes the problem, i set the rear to maximum height but it was still too low (1 finger gap). i wanted atleast 2 finger gap for the rear because of the bad road conditions here in manila.

My theoretical remedies are as follows:

1) Put a Helper/Tender spring, lengthening the overall spring then i could adjust it lower to my liking. but would doing this possibly damage the damper since i would be lengthening is beyond factory standards? or would it not damage the damper since u can buy custom made springs even longer than the once included with the super streets?

2) Fabricate a Aluminum spacer and put it between the shock mount and the body mount, also lengthening the mount bolts. with this i wouldn't be adjusting the length of the spring but only lowering the mounting point of the shock mounts.

which of these 2 theories would be better? and if u guys have other solutions please do post them up.

Thanks!!!

ryanM

i think you adjusted the height wrong.

lestah

Sedan Rulezzzz
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can assure you i didnt. to lift the length of the coilover your turn the spring seat Counter clockwise (top looking down at the coilovers) right?