Temperature Gauge/ Possible Overheating

sjonesd3

Ok what exactly am I doing incorrect? B/c even using the service manual method, my fan isn't cutting on as it says it's supposed to do.

sjonesd3

The bleed procedure you've described so far has not been correct. Detail your "service manual" bleed method.
Ohhh ok. I have a screenshot I'll post when I go on lunch. It's from my pdf

sjonesd3

Exactly what I did. Word for word what 10-13 said. Fans never cut on. If there's anything other than that, what else should be done?

sjonesd3

Because every post including on Honda-tech site everyone said to basically start at that step. "Put car on incline cut to max heat, let bubbles come out of the radiator."
And I gave a detailed answer to the procedure I did. I should've just started at an earlier step.
And step 7 said mix with water but I already have a pre-mixed version. But thank you for your help.

sjonesd3

Think I'm close to narrowing it down. Used a lead to connect to the fan a 12v it came on. Then used a paper clip with the car turned to the "ON" position. The fan came on while the A/C was turned on. Gonna go buy a sensor to see if that solves it. Is that a part best bought as OEM or does it not matter?

sjonesd3

^Suggests the fan switch is okay because A/C has no fan switch-independent control over the radiator fan circuit --> Properly bleed the cooling system

If you replace the fan switch, you'll still need to bleed the system correctly.

Post a video of you doing the complete procedure for bleeding the cooling system. it might help.
I can do the entire thing tomorrow morning. I'll just go back to using the Honda Antifreeze. When it says mix with water, does that mean that the Honda one doesn't?

Also when it says "install radiator cap loosely", does that mean set it on just set it on there, or turn it, but not tightly?

sjonesd3

Sorry for not wrapping up with a conclusion. I had ended up ordering an OEM thermostat on Ebay. That fixed my issues, and it hasn't overheated since doing so