Testing Speed Sensor for 2001 Honda Civic Ex Coupe

extragreg

Hey, I've had a steady ABS light for a while now, so I jumped #4 and #9 on the OBDII connector and received Code 11 for the Front Right Speed Sensor. I did a DMM continuity test for both front sensors with the sensors removed from the car. Both showed around 1.5 ohms.

Does that imply my Front Right Sensor is actually good? Is there a better test I should be doing before actually going ahead and just replacing it? If it's good, perhaps I just clean it, etc?

Thanks for letting me know how I can make sure that speed sensor is good or bad before replacing it. I've got a multi-meter, I'm just not that up on how to use it for all tests.

extragreg

Have you cleared the ABS code to see whether it returns?
I have turned the ignition on and off 20 times, but still the light persists. I have removed the under the hood ABS fuse and the negative battery terminal to reset the ECU, but the light stays on.

Basically, if it's blinking one long one then one short one (11- Front Right Speed Sensor), is that pretty much saying there's something wrong with that sensor?

RonJ

Banned
There'a short or open in the circuit. Get a multimeter and do the tests in the diagrams.

extragreg

Have you cleared the ABS code to see whether it returns?

I just now saw that you include those pics/diagrams. Thank you. How do I locate the 31 pin connector? Also, of I did actually conduct test #7 and got 1500 ohms- so according to that test, I do NOT actually need a new sensor. Is that correct?