The black box on the back of the block?

88hatchd_man

My friend told me that it could be stopped up and need to be cleaned for my car to run right. He said it has to do with the vaccuum system. Is this possible?

Also someone told me that it could be takin off and the area blocked off.(don't really want to because I don't know if it could cause potential problems in the future?)

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
It's the crank case breather on the older models, I wouldnt remove it as there is no reason to. You can remove to see if it is clogged up, but as far as your car running incorrectly I can not answer as you haven't given us any info as to what your car is doing.

88hatchd_man

when i fisrt start the car when it is cool it runs well until it starts to warm up, then it begins to spit and spuder like one of the vaccuum hoses isn't connected. I got a new map sensor for it and everything to do with the vaccuum system. My friend said that the crank case breather could be stopped up and causing the problem.

RonJ

Banned
Don't mess the breather box. Instead replace the PCV valve.

But more important, when was the last ignition system tune up - plugs, wires, cap, rotor, ignition timing?

And have you checked for CEL codes blinking from the LED on the ECU?

88hatchd_man

I replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, haven't messed with the timing. I'm pretty sure the pcv valve is what he was talking about. an as for the codes it just throws random codes to me

RonJ

Banned
I replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, haven't messed with the timing. I'm pretty sure the pcv valve is what he was talking about. an as for the codes it just throws random codes to me
Adjust the ignition timing to spec using a timing gun.

Random codes?? Get serious. Post a video of the blinking LED if you want help.

88hatchd_man

before i replaced the ecu it was giving me code 7 17 13 10 and 1. Yes random codes. now that i replaced it, it is just giving a code 1

RonJ

Banned
before i replaced the ecu it was giving me code 7 17 13 10 and 1. Yes random codes. now that i replaced it, it is just giving a code 1
Why not just say in your earlier post that code 1 is thrown, rather than random codes, which isn't true? Start by fixing code 1.

A bad O2 sensor could explain this:

when i fisrt start the car when it is cool it runs well until it starts to warm up, then it begins to spit and spuder like one of the vaccuum hoses isn't connected.