The Elusive 'Sun Visor'

Blackwatch

Does anyone know where I can find a Sun Visor for a 2001 Honda Civic LX?

I have hunted all over the net trying to find aftermarket, OEM or something to replace my broken driver's side sun visor but it seems that they do not exist or will not ship to Canada (bastards! lol)

is there anywhere I can buy them or am I forced to go to a wrecking yard or a Honda service store?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ebay would be the first place I would try. It seems like plenty of people take wrecked cars and part them out there. After that, you can also look at junkyards, and getting a price from your local honda dealer wouldnt hurt.

Blackwatch

you gotta be kidding me lol

I have been scowering the internet for like a month now and I've never come across this site!
Hopefully they ship to Canada, they haven't said they wouldn't yet

Thanks for the link I really appreciate that man

Blackwatch

thanks buddy i'll have a look through those!

yeah the first website had gone through with sending me and processing my order but then informed me that they no longer ship to Canada.

So you say I can fix the sun visor myself? I have been living with it for a while but I opened it and it made a cracking sound and now it doesn't stay up and constantly sags in my face. I have never actually taken it apart, but you say that its fixable?

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah the whole thing opens up likr a clam shell take it down then slide a flat head in the bottom and pry it open little by little from one end to the other. you will see a metal clip that grabs the plastic arm undo it with pliers take it out and compress it with something like a vice then reinstall it take your time cuz its a pain in the ass to get it back around the plastic arm. but since you heard a poping noise the clip probably undid itself so just snap it back together.

Blackwatch

I ripped it apart as you said and it seemed like it wasn't even broken, like it didn't want to sag when i had it off of the mount.

there was the little metal clip near the swivel assembly that seemed like it could be tighter so i tried pushing it back into a clip that seemed to hold it aaaand it snapped haha
its still holding on and it doesn't sag 'as' much but the problem is still there. I am going to take apart the other one and see what it looks like, maybe I can still McGuyver something!

Blackwatch

thats what I thought, I'll take a look again and make it work, I think I'll have to solder it to fix the break though

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oww it broke i thought you ment snapped out of place. because of the pressure the clip is under im not sure that you can fix that you mite have to get a new one.

Blackwatch

yeah it originally wasn't broken but when I tried moving it back into place it snapped like a twig. I attempted to solder it but it wouldn't take. I haven't had time to McGuyver something yet, but I will keep you posted!