The "I'm Bored at Work" Thread

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

i'm just wicked tired today and not feeling it at all.
Same here. My girlfriend was majorly bummed after work last night, so I took her out and we had a couple of drinks. It was pretty late though, way passed our bedtime (man, I'm old). I'm feeling the effects today.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
Same here. My girlfriend was majorly bummed after work last night, so I took her out and we had a couple of drinks. It was pretty late though, way passed our bedtime (man, I'm old). I'm feeling the effects today.
Yeah i used to be able to go out to shows and stay up till 2-am and then do morning shifts no big deal. now if i don't get my solid 8 hours of sleep im f***ed.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah i used to be able to go out to shows and stay up till 2-am and then do morning shifts no big deal. now if i don't get my solid 8 hours of sleep im f***ed.
Right there with you guys. Went out and had a few beers with my buddies last night, got home at 11:30, promptly went to bed, and was up by 6. Feeling it today. s**t sucks!

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got to bed early, like 10pm. Every f**king thing on the planet making noise, falling over, whatever. No sleep. Wonderful day. What the hell was going on in the world last night? Bullshit...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:lol: Glad to know I'm not alone! We shall suffer together... One gigantic cranky CC crew!

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
btw, I giggle a bit every time I scroll over that damned banjo.... :lol:

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:lol: Glad to know I'm not alone! We shall suffer together... One gigantic cranky CC crew!
For the special occasion, we need one of these, except design as if it were for a bunch of women stuck in a room together, all on their period, forced to use slow internet:
:wave:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Right there with you guys. Went out and had a few beers with my buddies last night, got home at 11:30, promptly went to bed, and was up by 6. Feeling it today. s*** sucks!
Got to bed early, like 10pm. Every f***ing thing on the planet making noise, falling over, whatever. No sleep. Wonderful day. What the hell was going on in the world last night? Bulls***...
B...but... I don't wanna get old. I just turned 25 this month, and my bed time on average is 1:30-2 on weekdays. I don't wanna be you guys! :lol:

checking in
Howdy! :hi:

btw, I giggle a bit every time I scroll over that damned banjo.... :lol:
Don't be jealous, lol:lol:
Are you challenging Alan Jackson to a Bluegrass duel yet?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This thread is perfect for me lol

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
B...but... I don't wanna get old. I just turned 25 this month, and my bed time on average is 1:30-2 on weekdays. I don't wanna be you guys! :lol:
Dude, one day, it just happens. I used to stay up til 6AM every night. I only went to bed then because the sun was getting close to coming up and I knew I'd have a hard time falling asleep once the sun was up. Then, one day, I started going to bed at 10PM. s**t. Just. Happens. :cry:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have to get up for work at 4:30am so I go to sleep at 9. :lol:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wish I had a friend who played banjo. I'd love to study with a banjo player for a bit. I think their finger picking techniques would translate well to my guitar. It'd be cool to try to apply some of the same principles. That said, I haven't picked up my guitar in well over a year. Ugh, grad school is killing me.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
I wish I had a friend who played banjo. I'd love to study with a banjo player for a bit. I think their finger picking techniques would translate well to my guitar. It'd be cool to try to apply some of the same principles. That said, I haven't picked up my guitar in well over a year. Ugh, grad school is killing me.
yeah i have some background in guitar/bass, but i had to unlearn some stuff as the picking is odd on a banjo. at least from someone who has never done clawhammer/drop thumb

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
lol

Clawhammer picking, by contrast, is primarily a down-picking style. The hand assumes a claw-like shape and the strumming finger is kept fairly stiff, striking the strings by the motion of the hand at the wrist and/or elbow, rather than a flicking motion by the finger. In its most common form on the banjo, only the thumb and middle or index finger are used and the finger always downpicks, hitting the string with the back of the fingernail.