The *OFFICIAL* 6th Generation Intake Thread

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i believe we are leaving forced induction setups out. this is strictly for NA intakes

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i believe we are leaving forced induction setups out. this is strictly for NA intakes

It's just a bunch of piping with a fake blow off valve!

Last edited by a moderator:

ku_yugioh

5+ Year Member
Weapon R Secret Weapon Air Intake 00 SI

This is my 00 Si with Weapon R Secret Weapon intake. I still think jdm password is the best intake consider that it is the biggest and better design because air intake is just pipe and a filter and the bigger the pipe the more air you suck in at high rpm.

EK1.6LCIV

bustin' out the OEM goodz
5+ Year Member
fits like a dream, the oem cover fits on well to deter bugs on the way to the drag / or sprint track

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats pretty sweet, but I dont think I could drive around at night with only 1 working headlight.

Drdrey

5+ Year Member
As a total NOOB, does adding an intake increase MPG? If I drive 30 miles to work everyday and much of it is open straight country road, would the intake affect the MPG on this type of drive?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It wont increase your mileage, at least not noticeable. If anything youll loose gas mileage since youll wanna hear the cool noise it makes.

Micr0b0t

5+ Year Member
AEM Ebay Long converted to short

Second image

Had to make an extra hole in tubing to fit sensor

what do you guys think? and does the intake itself require for example an AEM filter or can anyone do the job?

adams00civic

00civic
5+ Year Member
okay i installed my new intake, on the stock intake system there was two hoses hooked on plus the sensor, on my new intake there is a place for the sensor and one place for a hose.
my ? is which hose hooks on to my new intake and what do i do with the other hose?????????

Z3R)

5+ Year Member
AEM V2

pros- its loud as chit during vtec if you can hear it over the exhaust and it give mid range power
cons- as it gives mid range power it doesnt do much for vtec as thats all top end.

i liked my Original AEM CAI as it gave more top end and this motor really loves that.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

Second image

Had to make an extra hole in tubing to fit sensor

what do you guys think? and does the intake itself require for example an AEM filter or can anyone do the job?
That filter should be aight, I used mine for about 6 months before I replaced it with an AEM dry flow.

AEM V2

pros- its loud as chit during vtec if you can hear it over the exhaust and it give mid range power
cons- as it gives mid range power it doesnt do much for vtec as thats all top end.

i liked my Original AEM CAI as it gave more top end and this motor really loves that.
I love that intake.

lilkyle5151

this is prolly a noob question but im looking to get an intake but im not sure whether to get a short ram or a CAI??? from what im reading i think its saying that the CAI lose power down low but i reaally havnt heard about the short ram...