The Prime'd Bastard

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Her name is Priscilla. Don't laugh at me.

Not really a build, but technically a build, since I'm kinda restoring this thing, and possible swap in the future.

Anyways, the details.
It's a Canadian Domestic Market 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback with a D16Y7 1.6L swap. Body has 173,000 miles on it, engine is unknown.
It's dropped on unknown coilovers. (Working on finding out the brand) Currently running on steelies with some cheap ass hubcaps. Integra intake arm with unknown filter. Integra front seats, silent alarm with kill switch, radiator kill switch, OEM duckbill (correct me?), body work and paint completely done by me and the previous owner, and some dirty ass interior. (Didn't get to thoroughly shop vac the bastard.) Anyways, you probably don't wanna hear me talk. PICS.
What it looked like before paint/most of the bodywork.

After our ghetto ass, on the fly, cheap paint job.

Current plans for my grocery store, still in school build (in no particular order):
  • First Inspection (cv axle possibly will fail)
  • Replace power steering belt, and fix leak
  • Second - Tune-up (Cap, rotor, plug wires, spark plugs, oil change, air (k&n)/oil filter change, maybe timing belt eventually)
  • Paint steelies
  • Fix small issues (door handles, locks, etc.)
  • HID's
  • Fog lights
  • Spoon duckbill (maybe)
  • Password JDM Mudflaps
Somewhat realistic plans, probably a months worth of paychecks right there. Gotta make sure I save for gas too.

Let me know your suggestions for my plans or anything. I wanna know the best things to make my baby look amazing. I'm on a short budget, but I'm open to most things. For those who want to suggest suspension, it already has adjustable suspension that has at least 3.5" drop range for front and back. Probably going to drop 2" front and 1.5" the back.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
She needs work man but you can do it, step by step, only thing i dont like is the shaved moldings...

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, the shaved moldings kinda pissed me off, but the previous owner before him filled it with fiberglass, and they were stolen so he said f**k it. I might do one more coat is it looks light in some areas, then throw a coat of clear on and see how it comes out.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
O well, what color do you wanna paint it...

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, besides just getting a simple black clear to make it shine, I wanna make it either Champion White Clearcoat, or the original blue that it came with, captiva blue pearl.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
id keep it as is, and save up for the panels/doors and fenders to put moldings back in. i bet you could sell the shaved parts to some1. but thats just me, either way im a lil jealous man, ive always wanted a car that i could bring back to life slowly and learn a lot through DIYs. my car had no real problems to start w/ so i only learn as i have to fix stuff. knowledge is priceless bro, Good luck.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I appreciate the suggestion, and the confidence boost haha. I really hope this turns out to be what I want it. Just a few issues I need to deal with, like driver side door not opening or unlocking from inside/outside, cv axle and power steering belt, power steering leak, and a couple small things that bother me. But, I think with a coat of clear, it should look nice for now. My only problem is this thing was a heated target for getting stolen when it was with the previous owner. Thankfully it has an alarm, however it's a silent alarm with a killswitch, although I'm not sure if the killswitch works. I will probably rip that out and throw an immobilizer in with a loud ass car alarm. A few exterior mold pieces need to be taken from a jy to finish it.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
looks better than my civic when i got it and its the same color as mine i used rust-oleum flat black and it covered very well i didn't think the shaved panels looked bad but that is all on you. If you are going to paint it another color i wouldn't waste any money on clear because you don't need it. If you look at the thread (My first honda) in the build section you will have alot of more hope for your car lol.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know. We spent a lot of tike sanding and painting and it was a pain so I'm not sure if I wanna do full on paint so I was thinking of the clear just to make it shiny.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not bad man, fyi, you cant clear over primer. it will not turn out like you have pictured in your mind

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Subscribed and looking forward to seeing your build,

like R3dline5.0 said, you're not going to get much effect from clear coating the primer. If I were you I would just rattle can it gloss or semi gloss black depending on what you're looking for.

check this thread http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2485978

it's something you could do yourself with a little patience and about $30 worth of paint cans (depending on which kind you get)

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks a lot like my last hatch lol. except mine was semi gloss and the body work was a bit better on mine.

keep up the good work man.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks a lot guys. Means a lot. I will probably go and get some gloss paint when the weather doesn't suck.

Anyways, got the new VC gasket on and the VC is painted. Also, my car sometimes will backfire or misfire or whatever you want to call it whenever I accelerate quickly. Cylinder 3 spark plug wire somehow got pulled out of its socket. Could this be the cause? Ill post pics below. In gonna be doing a tune up so all that stuff will be changed.

Downpour :/

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Snapped some quick pics of the VC installed and after I detailed the letters. ;)

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
Looks like you missed some black on the left :p but Good job on the transformation although I dislike the shaved moldings aswell.

Like I said before I wish I knew body work :{

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I nicked the wet paint, my bad haha. There's really nothing I can do about the moldings unfortunately, unless I wanna jab a flat head with a hammer and cut it all out.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ah man I miss my captiva hatch. Best color ever!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah. If I can find a rattle can in that paint code ill gladly respray it but I might just gloss white the thing.