The Prime'd Bastard

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice job with the paint, and polish of the VC. Are you planning on going with a red theme under the hood?

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
you can get rattle can in any color you want at a paint shop lol. Nice job on the vc it looks good. But if your gonna clear it just get some rust-oleum black gloss paint it is 5-6 bucks a can but 5-6 cans will cover the car nice with the black undercoat. mabey two extra cans for a heaver coat. I used walmart flat black to primer my car then a rust-oleum flat black to cover it and it took 10 cans of walmart paint at .96 cent each and used 6 cans of rust-oleum and i got some real nice coats out of the rust-oleum. But now i think i want gloss so i might re spray if i do ill let you no how it looks.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know. Too much work pulling the engine to do the entire bay. I may spray a few other things red to make it a little bit pretty.

Yeah, I'm going to get white gloss. I dont know of any paint shops around here.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know. Too much work pulling the engine to do the entire bay. I may spray a few other things red to make it a little bit pretty.

Yeah, I'm going to get white gloss. I dont know of any paint shops around here.
if you make the bodywork where the molding used to be smoother it will look better. get a long sanding block and take your time.
dont rattle can it... it will rarely look good rattle canned.
if you dont have a decent sized compressor, find a friend with one and spray your car at their house using a HVLP gun. trust me, it will turn out fine. heres a rundown on how to spray using a gun... its really easy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4AfnvJVifc

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just snapped some photos on this nice day.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Based on the part of the logo on coilovers that I saw, they look very similar to Tokico's.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
auto ftl

invidia exhaust ftw

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Idk I've seen a lot of nice rattle canned cars over here http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2485978 So as long as your willing to take your time and do all the prep work it could definitely come out nice. I know it's probly pretty far in the distance but when you do the auto to manual u thinking about doing a swap too, or do u want to build the D?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Auto to manual might be next year, but when I do it I'm going DOHC so B series.

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm so happy i have 300+ torque, that video made me sad for you. I do have to give it to you though, you have honda love. Even after everything that car did to you, you still got another one. Good luck with it but honestly no hate intended but getting rid of my civic was the smartest thing I ever did, I traded and sold and ended up making 600 dollars from trading/selling around to get into my 05 srt4

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Icknow Honda's aren't fast unless you build them, but with the way the economy is going I'm glad I bought a fuel efficient car because driving a 20mpg (if that) Ford isn't very cost effective. I do love my hatch though, even with its slow ass. I'm not all up and arms for a lot of power, but when you're pushing maybe 94 HP to the wheels if that, you wonder. I may do a mini me and stop there. Or a full Z6 swap. Nothing big, just a little bit of power so I'm not that much of an embarrassment. But yeah, in glad I got rid of the sedan. But just because one car was really bad, doesn't mean that I should look down on the manufacturer.

At first when I got my job and started looking for cars, I never even considered Honda's. I threw out every general stereotype everyone puts out and was set on never buying. But I fell in love. I like to tinker with things, and Honda's are very easy cars to start with. The engines are small enough to play around and mess with, but also very reliable and great on gas. It all comes down to preference really. I plan to keep this civic to as long as I can as long as I don't hit anymore SUVs lol

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
I'm so happy i have 300+ torque, that video made me sad for you. I do have to give it to you though, you have honda love. Even after everything that car did to you, you still got another one. Good luck with it but honestly no hate intended but getting rid of my civic was the smartest thing I ever did, I traded and sold and ended up making 600 dollars from trading/selling around to get into my 05 srt4
No Hating, but a friggin' Neon? Come on bro. But, to each his own. Anthing's better than Kia and Hyundai.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's the difference in power between the y8 and z6?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
157 HP in the Y8? Awesome! What would just a y8 minine give me on my y8 block?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So, I should go y8 head gasket, y8 intake manifold, and z6 head? Should I upgrade my fuel rail to y8 or z6 or aftermaket?

Just did an oil change, noticed significant power increase and smoothness.