The Prime'd Bastard

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My friend works there for coop at our tech school. I think he likes it. I need the money so I don't mind busting my ass for good pay.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah don't try to dissuade him, a jobs a job in this economy lol. Good luck dude you already get the interview?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im just saying, he is only 17 and i know a lot of people who have worked there. Just try to not end up in the actual manufacturing plant part. its hell and a half. I know people where its so bad, they are required to shower in the middle of work to get all the chemicals off of them and stuff. The good parts are good, and the bad are hell lol batteries are poisonous after all

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nah. My tech teacher asked any of us that had a car and a license if we were interested in getting a job there if they needed people. So, its like I'm not getting my hopes up, but it'd be nice if I got to go.

@1sik; oh I see. Well they put the coop kids on the assembly line I think. I have to ask my friend what he does.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, i woudl just make sure. you can always quit, but yeah i know a few friends who went in and quit because it wasnt worth it. 120 degrees, poisonous air, s**t floating in the air and stuff. but you may also get a good area which would be nice

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah. Well have to see. Anyways, I'm loving the way this car is running. I haven't been able to fill the tank up but I'm already experiencing great gas mileage with this y7.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah the y7 gets great gas, but its so slow at 106hp lol i hate mine

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright, yeah dude hit up craigslist for jobs, thats where I found my job delivering meds for a pharmacy. Got great ours to put myself through college and making nearly double what most of my friends make outta highschool. Or look into best buy, worked there for a while and they pay around $10/hr starting so its cool for highschoolers

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You could look into working at giant or just grocery stores in general also. They dont pay the best, but they are super flexible with schedules which is great to have when your in school.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
157 HP in the Y8? Awesome! What would just a y8 minine give me on my y8 block?
So, I should go y8 head gasket, y8 intake manifold, and z6 head? Should I upgrade my fuel rail to y8 or z6 or aftermaket?

Just did an oil change, noticed significant power increase and smoothness.
Well i thought you had a y7 block. But you can use the z6 head and head gasket, y8 intake manifold , and the y8 fuel rail.

Ok here you go a link to a full right up on a mini me swap for a b7 or a y7 with a z6 head.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=47921

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I have a y7 block. I pressed the wrong key.

I work at Weis, which is a grocery store 5 minutes from my house. It blows though. Making minimum wage, 4 days a week for 16 hours.

And thanks Emerican.

Honda sticker is coming off either tonight or tomorrow. Also, I should be getting a call from NAPA later about my power steering belt coming in. They said Wednesday, and that's today. If they don't have it I'm gonna be pissed.

So, y8 or z6? I'm trying to choose which one would give me better results.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you could just loop the line and remove the power steering =)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
non ps build arm muscles lol but its actually not bad if you have driven a car without it and the right steering rack

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My other civic didn't have working power steering.

emerican

Registered VIP
I have had a car without power sterring it wasnt that bad.
You have no ac though osiris19 that i couldnt deal with in GA heat

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My parents both have power steering in their Fords, so I'm used to it since I drove my dad's Ford when I had my permit. Also, I don't even care about the AC. Roll your windows down and be cool. Lol.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So, went to pick up the ps belt from NAPA. Brought of home, jacked up my car, and began installing. First thing I put it on, the engine sounded funny, and I couldn't tell which belt was whining. So I took it for a test run. 20 feet down my road the belt was being a douche and not letting me turn my wheel correctly. Found it the belt might be loose. I had the ps unit fully tightened. I even loosened it and made sure it was on both pulleys correctly. Still made the whine. So I popped it off cause I had to go in a hurry. Damn, manual steering was hard to get used to at first, but I can do it. I want my ps back.