THEDARKONE"S Cheap Build Thread

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
Strapped for cash as in having a lesser amount of money then most people. I guess that would be a phrase used in my area. Anyways, looks good bro. Good call on the bluemoons! More of a pbr guy myself
never drank PBR before i see it in the store will have to try .

no, that's a pretty common phrase. And I agree, looks like he did a good job of it

Not too shabby
thanks guys well i did not drive my car a whole week kinda sucked but yea
i did not mention this but that rack and pinion kicked my teeth out it was hard it did not want to clear anyhow

for some reason my car looks high but its on a 195/50/15 but a tad bit tucking

total toe was like -2.5

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
ok now for more updates still trying to do this rear disc conversion

:cool:
still have a little more updates to post but Im to lazy right now lol

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know on my 92, the recommended tire size is 195/50/15, but looks a little small on my 99. Found out later that for the 99, a 195/55/15 is recommended instead.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
I know on my 92, the recommended tire size is 195/50/15, but looks a little small on my 99. Found out later that for the 99, a 195/55/15 is recommended instead.
yea the only issue is since Im lowed i could possibly run into rubbing problems, but right now Im looking for a set of 15x7 +38 Kosei k1 theres a set on craigslist for 16x7 +38 but they are 5x114.3 :oops:

i remember i was rubbing at the track

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, hard to find some decent wheels on craigslist around here. seems everyone only posting 17+ size wheels, or ugly chrome pieces of doo. good luck on those k1s. I really like those wheels as well

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
yea well this happened...

got my bushings

come to find out the RTA where from a integra DA so the bushing were bigger by .25 of an inch, no worry's I said to my self i have DC RTA's with energy crap bushings(i have herd so many complains on the energy rta bushings) so i begin the transfer..

now everything transferred over fine problem #2 is DA rear brake line vs Goodridge Em1 ones

so now i guess i have to get rear em1 brake and caliper?? what should i do guys??

DC RTA with DA brakes on top vs DA RTA on the bottom

At this point IDK what to do..

what i feel like doing is getting rid of the DC energy bushings and put in the hardrace ones and getting em1 rear calipers and bolting them up to the DC RTA what do you guys think?? :x

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
heres a comparison 99-00 Si goodridge on DA caliper and DC RTA on top vs DA brake lines on DC RTA

Look how the goodridge brake line sticks out like that?? :shock:

*****Never mind after looking at rock auto and Honda and Acura oem numbers I now know that DC and EM1 calipers are the same and so are the rear brake lines and DA/CRX are different looks like Im going to the junk yard tomorrow for DC calipers :cool:

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Somehow missed this thread. Had to read the whole thing this morning. Damn man, putting in the work that's needed, no joke. Good stuff. In for progress!

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looking good! That's a lot of work you put in to get some rear disks. Those calipers look good all cleaned up and painted. New rubber seals, I hope? Piston look clean as well?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How much have you spent on this rear disc conversion?

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
How much have you spent on this rear disc conversion?
150 for the DA setup
60 for rear calipers
109 goodridge lines
85 HardRace bushings

like 400 a lil to much but ehh it must be done!!! :guns: but Im hoping the DA e-brake cables fit
Im going to finish off the brakes and get new rotors and pads when the time comes.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yikes! Hmotorsonline has full conversions for like 180. Oh well. It's getting there. :thumbs up

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
Yikes! Hmotorsonline has full conversions for like 180. Oh well. It's getting there. :thumbs up
yea man the calipers is what kinda set me back the only reason why its kinda double is because of the lines and rta bushings but its all good now

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP

clocked and getting ready to get preesed in

all together with new rotors and pads! L/R wheel bearing is s*** and i have to get an alinement still but i test drove it and works! :D

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rear disc is always one of the most involved projects for something so simple... my daily was down for like three weeks while I was doing my conversion because of stupid issues as well.

Regardless, it'll be great once completed. Project looks like its moving just fine... good luck!