Things i can do to make my stock 1.5l just a little bit faster

awright3331

I have a 91 honda civic LX 16valve 1.5l. Currently its stock. I wanna know what i can do to make it quicker. I have an intake comming which will add 8 - 15hp which if it gave the fullest, would give me between 100hp and 110hp. the flowmaster muffler i plan on buying adds 4hp - 15hp. But what else can i do to it.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
you might get 5whp if your lucky from those

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 91 honda civic LX 16valve 1.5l. Currently its stock. I wanna know what i can do to make it quicker. I have an intake comming which will add 8 - 15hp which if it gave the fullest, would give me between 100hp and 110hp. the flowmaster muffler i plan on buying adds 4hp - 15hp. But what else can i do to it.
Quick is a relative term.

Some simple math:
Stock: maybe 75-80hp to the wheels
Intake and exhaust, realistically you'd gain maybe 5-7hp, and that's pushing it.

You're best bang for the buck would be swapping out the lame DPFI for a MPFI, first and foremost.

Stock airbox, drop in aftermarket filter, with removal of resonator(behind bumper, passenger side)
Nice stainless, low tone, non-obnoxious tip exhaust for decent sound and durability.

With all that, you'll gain a COUPLE ponies, seemingly better throttle response and gain a few MPG's.
Enjoy it for what it is.

Jose1027

Registered VIP
you might get 5whp if your lucky from those
^this,i have an intake,aftermarket header nd a catback nd honestly makes little difference,just save your money,read,nd do swap if power is what you seek

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Intake on a d series is going to give you 1-2 hp I am afraid.

Bolt ons are not worth it unless you are just going for sound.