Latest picture of the car

Last edited:

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not bad man, they bay needs some love though, good luck...

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea I'm going to tackle the dirt and grim soon. It's been raining a lot so I couldn't get around to it. I'll be hitting up CHILD for some tips on getting this bay in order.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was about to mention on how he did it but you beat me to the punch...:lol:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are ur plans? Keeping the 96-98 front i hope!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm still debating I like 99/00 but I think I want to try the sir bumper molding before I do a 99/00 conversion. At least I'll be different tht way... But I feel like if I do the sir I have to go all out with edm parts which are rare, hard to source not to mention expensive.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So yesterday afternoon my diver side window came off track and I was stuck with a open window in crappy weather. I manage to get the door panel off and remove the glass from the bracket that moves the glass up and down and take the whole thing out. While I was in the door I notice that the moisture barrier was ripped out. I'll have to look into replacing that. But I manage to get the glass back on track and put things back in the correct order all before it rain =)

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay so today I decided I would start the battle with the grease in the engine bay. Overall I got a lot done but I still have a lot left to tackle. I mostly focused on the underside of the hood and the radiator support. Here's how it sits now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340752475.583664.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340752689.026414.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340752714.711679.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340752724.340545.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340752770.358399.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340752789.067001.jpg

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
Lookin clean! I would have kept the 4 door, but im a 4 door guy. otherwise this looks like its gonna be a sick build and im in for the show! Good luck man! and i find it amazing how different removing some grease from your bay can make the car look!!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man. I plan to take my time and do as much as I can the right way. This is my first build and until I get another car to DD I have to choose my mods wisely. But I just got home from a local meet here what little pics I took.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340771620.791472.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340771632.862086.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340771646.607941.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340771657.569431.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340771676.650835.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340771770.694911.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340771688.955298.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340771700.320841.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340771711.258991.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340771723.847235.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340771736.313600.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340771748.584503.jpg

A race was gonna go down after but the cops where waiting at all the spots but at least I got to get it up to 7k fleeing from the boys. Man does it feel great when u shift into second. I've been missing out so much.

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
Im moving to where you live!!! I wish i could see cars like that where I live! although i did see a pretty nasty trans am yesterday, loud cams and exhaust with some fat tires...hahaha

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cars are I big thing here...there's meets almost everyday from imports to classic cars...corvette owners even have their own weekly meets. CTSUBIES does it big all the time for car shows as well as my club CtVtec.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I've been looking for a shop locally to see how much it would cost to resurface my flywheel. I found three shops so I'll check them out tomorrow or this weekend. I'm buying the clutch from Justin here on CC I'm going with the Exedy OEM clutch. While the tranny's out I'm going to try to clean up the bay some more. I'm hoping to tackle this next weekend.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay so I checked out one of those shops and its gonna cost me $40 to resurface my flywheel and they have the clutch I want for $120 so :woot: for saving a couple bucks. I'll get the clutch tuesday and tackle this job next weekend hopefully. I'm going to repaint my wipers this weekend and hopefully get back in the bay to clean some more. BTW what are you guys using to do your wipers?

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice man, but the first time I did my wipers I just used flat black paint and it sucked... it chipped off after a few months. Last month I used black Plasti-Dip and it seemed to work really good. Not as smooth looking but no chips yet, so it might be worth checking out!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice man, but the first time I did my wipers I just used flat black paint and it sucked... it chipped off after a few months. Last month I used black Plasti-Dip and it seemed to work really good. Not as smooth looking but no chips yet, so it might be worth checking out!
Okay thanks man

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay so today I discovered that my cars burning oil faster then a fat guy drinking a cold glass of milk on a hot summer day. And I'm getting a lot of smoke from my muffler. All arrows are pointing towards my valve seals. My question is do I need to take off the head to change them? If so I am going to replace the head gasket while it's off. But if it doesn't have to come off it's not.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
For starters, what color smoke is coming out of the exhaust?

Blue= oil
White= coolant
Black= excessive gas

If you're seeing white, you should look into a coolant pressure test. Could be due to head gasket
If you're seeing blue, you should look into the valve stem seals. I think just the valve cover needs to come off for that, but even if I'm wrong, might as well replace the head gasket if you have it on hand while you're tearing into it a little