Tig's 93 EJ2 build

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I figured it's about time I stop being lazy and make a thread for my coupe. Got it about 2 years ago bone stock, only modification was the ghetto ass stereo they had rigged up. Had 235k miles and ran pretty good once the fuel pump and a few small things got replaced. It's been a pretty slow build because of money but I'm proud of how far it's came, so I guess i'll start from the beginning. I've got plenty of pics for you homos once I figure out how to post them from my laptop :brokenComputer:

So here it is not long after I got it. This is the only picture I can find from when it was stock

Did some small things like new headlights, corners, spoon mirrors. Then started the long journey saving for coilovers.. Decided on F&F1s

It was a b***h taking off my 20 year old suspension as I'm sure most of you would know

And after

Rolled on steelies for a while as I saved up for wheels and tires. Got this ex (SiR?) lip in the mean time

And then finally...

Achilles ATR Sport 195/45s

Shiny..

Couldn't drive it until the fenders were rolled and pulled so it sat like this for a few days

Fitment dialed in..

Cleaned up the faded gray trim all around

I like this pic for some reason

Sidemarkers installed

Beaks

Ill end this post here, and finish later. Let me know what you all think so far lol.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
Upload the pics to imgur, it's super easy

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Now for the rest:

Got rid of my dinged up fenders and got some pw:jdm fenders and 4500k HIDs. The weights are no longer on the outside of the wheels, f*** that tire shop

Then got a hook up on everything for a manual conversion

Before

During

After

After a few weeks with the stock shifter I decided to upgrade

Random photos, before I installed the passenger fender

Picked up a set of foglights from pw:jdm

Still have not gotten an alignment on this car since day 1 lol. Alignment seemed fine until a trip to Nashville a few months ago.

Anyway, foglight install

After

And some more random pics, this is how it currently looks

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
I said f*** it and did it on my phone
Hey whatever works!

Looks good, wheels look great and the drop looks really good. is that maxed out on the FnF's?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the nig! what up

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blackworks Racing LCAs, haven't installed them yet.

Then my motor locked up, this is where she has sat for the last 5-6 weeks while I save for a swap

And that's it for now. More updates to come, stay tuned for the swap ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the nig! what up
sup! bout time I joined the party

Hey whatever works!

Looks good, wheels look great and the drop looks really good. is that maxed out on the FnF's?
thanks man, but nope I actually tried to drop it to the rim a few months ago but one of the coilovers seized and haven't touched it since. I could prob tuck rim if I maxed em

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Progress is good :thumbup: Good luck on the swap, hope it goes in smoothly.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys. As for the swap, I plan on ordering a b20b from HMO and going b20v later

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
sup! bout time I joined the party

thanks man, but nope I actually tried to drop it to the rim a few months ago but one of the coilovers seized and haven't touched it since. I could prob tuck rim if I maxed em
Nice, you got a good looking setup man. hope the swap goes smooth for ya.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice, you got a good looking setup man. hope the swap goes smooth for ya.

Thanks man, I'm going to change it up once I get the motor in. No more camber. I have a buyer lined up for the wheels today, just hoping he doesn't back out I could use the extra cash.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
Thanks man, I'm going to change it up once I get the motor in. No more camber. I have a buyer lined up for the wheels today, just hoping he doesn't back out I could use the extra cash.

Going to stick with the same height, minus the camber?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like those wheels, sad to see them go. doesnt the b20 sit even lower than the b18 in an eg?

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sweet build
Thanks man

i like those wheels, sad to see them go. doesnt the b20 sit even lower than the b18 in an eg?

Me too man, just sold them :( it doesn't look bad with the steelies and hub caps tho, so I'm not worried about it. Definitely sits lower, I'll get a pic tomorrow.

I have no idea how low the motor sits tho, I need to look into that. I have enough dough for the swap but I'm taking my gf to her senior prom Saturday, so that's gonna set me back a few hundo. Next week I should have more than enough to get it ordered. I'm getting excited now that it's so close. Been a rough 6 weeks. Maybe I'll have it all done by the first week of may