Tig's 93 EJ2 build

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
She bought you a whale penis bro
Lol, that is exactly why I used the words 'power chamber'
I'm new to this forum and I just spent the last hour reading all the posts and drooling over your car...it is sick, bro...flat out effin awesome!

Let me just say one thing and please don't take this the wrong way, but the first set of rims you bought, before you went back to the stealies, really set that car oooooffffff! It was like night and day!!!

If had seen those rims before I bought mine, s**t...no question about it!

On a lighter note, instead of going with plasi-dip...consider the 3D vinyl wrap...it's much cheaper, last just as long, but is flippin cool as f**k!

I was a bit hesitent myself, but I did my hood and WOW, might do my whole car...I bought two rolls of 6' wide 20' long and the sqee-gee kit...got it off Amazon...to be honest I got two rolls because the tube it comes in had been damaged which crinkled the wrap. So I bitched not knowing the wrinkles easily come out with a heat gun or blow drier, which they told me, but sent me a new roll anyway...hence me thinking of doing my whole car...

Just a thought for ya...anyway, keep up the good work, bro. Am watching for your posts.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot! I agree though, the XXR's set the car off. I was in love with it, and I still don't get that same feeling when I look at my car after I sold them. I miss that look a lot, but I'm going for more of a track/functional stance now. I've got a few goodies on the way and the look is starting to come together. I'll try and post more in here. I've been away from the forums for a bit.

Isn't vinyl wrap more expensive? That's what I've heard at least. I've thought about it before but I don't think I have the patience or time to wrap my entire car myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Few updates that I haven't posted in here. Got the hook up on a carbon fiber hood and mirrors from a local homie. You guys may have seen his clean, ITB coupe around the interwebz.

I got some adjustable UCAs for the front that I haven't installed yet. Here's a few pics of how my car is currently sitting.

And here is my coupe on PixelCar Racer. Pretty sweet game

OEM mud guards should be here tomorrow, and waiting on shipping info from top1 motors for my side skirt splitters.

I could go ahead and order the kit to dip my car but I'm going to wait a little while on that. I'm getting a killer vibration when I accelerate in lower gears, usually around 2-3k rpm. The same vibration I had before I got new (reman) axles. Which came back in a matter of weeks. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on some Driveshaft Shop axles and get rid of this vibration for good.

Last edited:

lunder03

Respected
Nah, the 3D vinyl wrap is pretty cheap by any standard... $31.08 (and I have to make a correction), it's 5'x10' or as you would see on amazon 60"x120"...

So, for a modest $100 you'd have enough to do your entire car...

I do understand the paticent thing though...i'm quite a bit short on that myself...lol.

So here's a photo or two of how my hood looks now...

I want to wrap my front bumber cover, front lip spoiler and possibly top of the car around the sun roof.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Back again with a few updates. Ended up ordering some axles from Driveshaft Shop. Vibration is completely gone. No pics of that.

My top1motors side skirt splitters finally arrived after 2 months of waiting and a lot of ignored emails to top1. Have yet to put these on the car.

Got a new front lip. And new shift knob from Nsidius Industries. Same design as my previous knob but it's powder coated textured black. One of my favorite additions to the car honestly. I didn't have time to take a decent picture of it before I ran to put it on. I'll get one eventually. Probably not..

New lip all the way from Ireland

Just when things were going smooth, this happens. The PLM header that I've had less than a year decided to crack at the welds, and completely broke off at the flange. Causing me to have a blow out. New tire put on the next day and new header ordered that night.

Sent PLM an email. They asked for my receipt and pictures of the header. Sent that, and never got a reply. Sent a few more emails and still no reply. f**k em.

So the new header got here last week from Vibrant Performance

I also ordered a 2.5" Ktuned high flow cat the same day as the header. There was some confusion so that won't be here until Friday. Then the header and cat will be installed. No more open header! Aaaaaand this came in this week

Just waiting on my Hondata thermal IM gasket to come in and I'll throw everything together. Can't wait!!

Last edited:

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And a little pull from a few months ago.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Header and Ktuned cat installed a couple of weeks ago.. looks great[emoji1303] and drives completely different. I love it. Disregard the plugs hanging, I put my stock bulbs back in and haven't gotten around to taking the HID harness out

MotorMo

Respected
Crazy about your PLM header- even worse it caused a blow out. Every one always raves about how much power the PLM headers make, but I never trusted their quality. Glad it was only the tire. Enjoy the build, she looking good :thumbup:

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Picked this up today. 2002 with 99k miles, 1 owner. Nearly perfect condition. So the civic will be sold!

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice pick up! That's crazy about the PLM header, I'll stay away from rep headers.