tint on back window

RLNHRD

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
has anyone else noticed that if you get the tint on the back window, if you look from the inside to out, you can see that the tint isn't thoroughly on all the way, because of the little defrost holes in the upper top of the window. i was pissed that mine was like that at first, but then i noticed it on all the civic's that were tinted. i dunno... maybe i'm just anal. :( anyone else?

-=CopperTop=-

MazdaSpeed Wannabe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok here is how you do it, Ive done professional window tinting for a few years now. It sounds weird, but im anal about the bubbles to. So you go to home hardware and you buy a can of flat black spray paint. Then you cut the tint that bubbles off. make it even, all across the top. Now mask the area off. And you guessed it....your going to paint the inside of the window. It sounds brutal, but thats the way it should be done.......any questions/comments?

2k2civicex5spd

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take a hairdryer......... and a credit card............... have someone warm up the window from the exterior....... and slightly scrape over it inside of it...

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by 2k2civicex5spd
take a hairdryer......... and a credit card............... have someone warm up the window from the exterior....... and slightly scrape over it inside of it...
thats how i did mine =) but without credit cards...i bought some thing from autozone

RLNHRD

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, but will it still work if you've had the tint on for over 6 months. i assume it's all dried up now. :???: