Last edited by a moderator:

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wait what?

dancam

Registered VIP
No, the car is bigger than the engine and the car will not fit inside. Displacement of acura engine is like 2.0L and only 2 pistons are down at a time so its really only 1litre and the hatchback is like 6000litres. So definitely wont fit.

However in theory if you bought 6000 acura motors you could fit the civic inside, but why an acura motor in particular?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I really hope he meant swapping a TL engine in a '91 hatch (which is why I retitled it for him) and not a '91 Civic engine in a TL.

dancam

Registered VIP
I really hope he meant swapping a TL engine in a '91 hatch (which is why I retitled it for him) and not a '91 Civic engine in a TL.
Maybe he wants better fuel economy in his acura, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe he wants better fuel economy in his acura, lol.
LOL! Theres nothing like a 4-speed 70hp engine in a sport-luxury sedan.

All kidding aside, Torna600, its been done so start using google. Its not an easy swap and itll cost a few thousands unless you plan to do alot of the work yourself.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
lol yes its called a J swap tl type s had the j32a and newer models with j35 and j37 j series are single cam vtec v6 engines

mount kits and hanress are avialable cost just as much as doing a K swap into older civics

heres one with it

Last edited by a moderator:

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
I do like J swap on ed chassis but the only thing I don't like is that I have to cut nearly whole hood off just to fit the swap. I think it's stupid but hey it's just me.