to 7th gen ex coupe owners

mistaxmike

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i don't know about you guys... but i can feel alllot of restriction especially at high rpm. i never owned/driven a civic till i recently bought mine and it's so slow. i'm hoping i/h/e will relieve some of that pressure.

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civics = slow

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea...get a civic...expect it to be slow..hehe...but awesome nonetheless =oP

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Civics are torqueless. You're not gonna feel nothing in the high end. Didn't you look at the spec sheet? It says: 127HP @6,400 RPMS and no torque@all RPMs. ;)

IHE isn't going to fix it. If you want torque, get a turbo. That's where the 7th Gen's engine potential is truly at.

7thgen986

c00kiesRUS
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yup...it's a Civic. I bought mine mainly for everything else except the speed.

Tay2610

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
True it will be slow but what im ecited to see is when people start swapin the k-series into the coupes i think that would be a sick setup and the new k-series is such a potent engine from the factory with tons of potential anyway atleast you have a civic and thats all that matters in this club!

mistaxmike

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by SlammedBlueEM2
It says: 127HP @6,400 RPMS and no torque@all RPMs. ;)
hehe no kidding. well i didn't buy my civic for speed either cuz i expected it to be slow. just not that slow. but it's ok... i'm not plannin on goin turbo. swap maybe later on. my friend is putting his k20 in next week so we're goin up to frisco to do it. he had to wait months for it to pass cuz he's basically buying the whole car (type r). anyhow we'll see, and i'll take pics of the swap for ya'll. btw if anyone knows of any good/cheap places in OC for performance parts, let me know pls.

BoostedCivicZex

I boost and spray,do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by SlammedBlueEM2
Civics are torqueless. You're not gonna feel nothing in the high end. Didn't you look at the spec sheet? It says: 127HP @6,400 RPMS and no torque@all RPMs. ;)

IHE isn't going to fix it. If you want torque, get a turbo. That's where the 7th Gen's engine potential is truly at.
yep

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did they make a turbo kit for a 2004 civic ex yet??? im tired of da slowwwwwness of my car! i bought it so i can fix it up for all show....but then my friendz were racing n stuff...all dat just made me change my mind...=P

BoostedCivicZex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by 04civic
did they make a turbo kit for a 2004 civic ex yet??? im tired of da slowwwwwness of my car! i bought it so i can fix it up for all show....but then my friendz were racing n stuff...all dat just made me change my mind...=P
the turbo kit for the 04's is the same as anyother year for the 7thgen. Check out stafford fabrications on 7thgencivic.com.

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the turbo kit for the 04's is the same as anyother year for the 7thgen. Check out stafford fabrications on 7thgencivic.com.

so wen i try to order a turbo kit for my car...i can just tell them i have an 03 or 02 civic?

BoostedCivicZex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just tell them you have a 04 its the same as the 01-03. go register on 7thgencivic.com and post up on the forced induction forum

boostedbar

f0b
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Tay2610
True it will be slow but what im ecited to see is when people start swapin the k-series into the coupes i think that would be a sick setup and the new k-series is such a potent engine from the factory with tons of potential anyway atleast you have a civic and thats all that matters in this club!
whats even more exciting is when people start hittin up the 13's or even 12's with a nice setup with a d17 and turbo. it's even more exciting than a dumb ole k20 swap

mistaxmike

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm goin up north next sat w/my friend to get his k20 in. the guy who's doing the swap is supposedly the 2nd guy to ever do it. i forgot his name tho.