Tokico Illumina/GC coilovers harsh on bumps

0valo0

I have the shocks set to 5 stiffness. If I make it any less stiff it will bounce way more. Car is dropped about 1.5 inches. Anything I can do to make it a smoother ride? I drive alot daily so I need comfort!

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
I have Tokico Illumina R full coilovers on my EM1 ( http://www.hopupracing.com/toilseadcoki1.html ) and have them as low as they'll go on setting 5 for the struts and I dd my EM1 with no problems with the ride at all so I'd say it may be the GC coilovers giving you the harsh ride your experiencing. idk for sure tho cuz I've never owned ground controls before so I can't say that for a fact.

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have the same setup as you do, my settings is at 2 front and rear 3. ride still bumps but not so bad. i suggest try out the setting and when you get to the setting you like, leave it at that setting.

95civicvx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have 380 lbs/in on the front, and 250 lbs/in Rear. This is on a vx Hatch. It took me a while to get my GC coils all setup. I ended up with 5 in the front, and 3 in the rear. I'm not sure why but i hit a sweet spot with this setup.

It might take you a while to find the right front and rear ride height and dampner settings.