Torque specs for camshaft rocker bolts??

EK Devil

5+ Year Member
I was wondering what is the torque specs for it? Im replacing my head gasket so any help will be appreciated...also, what is the torque specs for the head studs?

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
14 ft lbs for the rocker bolts.

depending what bolts/studs your using for the head

stock:
step 1: 23 ft lbs
step 2: 45 ft lbs
step 3: 52 ft lbs

ARP:
step 1: 15 ft lbs
step 2: 30 ft lbs
Step 3: 62 ft lbs

why are you removing the rocker assembly? do you have a B series or H series? dont need to remove the rocker assembly in a D series to remove the head.

EK Devil

5+ Year Member
I'm sorry, i got the rocker and the sprocket bolts mixed up. I'm replacing my head gasket and i snap two sprocket bolts when i was torquing them down. I torque them at 27lbs and it snaped, tried again at 18ftlbs snaped it...anyone know why this is happening?

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm sorry, i got the rocker and the sprocket bolts mixed up. I'm replacing my head gasket and i snap two sprocket bolts when i was torquing them down. I torque them at 27lbs and it snaped, tried again at 18ftlbs snaped it...anyone know why this is happening?
what sprocket bolts?

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Whats the torqe specs for D-seriesd rocker arm journal brace thing on top...I re-set valves at zero, set timing belt on and now gotta torqe down this rocker assebly and throw the VC on.....