1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Transmission shifts hard? 2010 Civic Coupe

Discussion in '8th Generation Honda Civic (2006-2011)' started by illusion123a, Nov 10, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. illusion123a

illusion123a New Member

I have a 2010 with 115k on it. The transmission shifts really hard and revs high before it shifts. I have taken it to the dealer before and they found nothing wrong. I am taking it in again this week. I am nearing the end of my extended warranty. Anyone else have issues with this? I have gotten the ATF fluid changed each year. This past year, I actually drove the car under 5k.
    The issue is starting to concern me. I plan on taking it to another dealer or maybe an independent shop to get their opinion if I have to. I wantred to post incase anyone has any ideas or suggestions

2. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Any CEL codes?

Sounds to me like the dealer needs to do at least 3 ATF drain-refill cycles.

3. illusion123a

illusion123a New Member

No codes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Lean HARD on the Honda dealer to fix the problem NOW.

Tell them to start with multiple consecutive ATF drain-refill cycles. Otherwise, the transmission must be replaced.