Trick to installing front bumper splash shield clips?

wyclef

5+ Year Member
Hello, this is probably a lame question but on my 2004 Civic LX i bottomed out turning into some gravel driveway and tore out the plastic clips that hold in the rubber splash shield on the front bumper. I got some new clips but can't seem to figure out how to get them to pop back in. They seem to expand before I really get a chance to lodge them back in, is there some trick to this? When I try to push them up with force the entire bumper kind of moves up at the same time so it's hard to get enough pressure on them. Thanks.

The clips I got look like this:
http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/HON-91503-SZ3-003.html

But now I'm wondering if I need these:
http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/HON-91501-S04-003.html

RonJ

Banned
Remove the center pin and install base into hole. Then re-insert pin. Done.

(Reverse order to remove.)

wyclef

5+ Year Member
how do you remove the center pin? i've tried prying it out with a flathead screwdriver

lownslow

5+ Year Member
Carefully pry the center with a flat head screwdriver. Sometimes you need to push down on the outer to take some pressure off so the center pin easily comes out.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Carefully pry the center with a flat head screwdriver. Sometimes you need to push down on the outer to take some pressure off so the center pin easily comes out.
Or break the s**t out of them. Snap the head off and outter ring and push the rest through. Install a new one when you're done. That is only if it's taking you this long to fight the clip out properly - it's not an overly complicated task.

lownslow

5+ Year Member
Or break the s*** out of them. Snap the head off and outter ring and push the rest through. Install a new one when you're done. That is only if it's taking you this long to fight the clip out properly - it's not an overly complicated task.
There is that too :lol:

RonJ

Banned
how do you remove the center pin? i've tried prying it out with a flathead screwdriver
It will be very embarrassing if you end up needing to take your car to a mechanic to install the clips. Time to up your game.