Tried to steal my civic!

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
weather is hella crazy! sux i have to work today and i work outside. im going to tell the damn security to keep an eye on my car!!

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I can attach the end to some other part of the car, tie it up in a knot, lol. Im going to the junk yard tomorrow and picking up a used wire and then using that one as the new one. the old one will stay there to deceive the thieves. when i go to the junk yard, Im going to hide it on my pockets! and I get it for free! you should do the same, just pay $2 bucks to get in and they never search your pants. consider you paid $2 bucks for it.

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Need a monkey like in that commercial, and a German shepherd as backup. Hate thieves.

crxmike

yes i know what you mean well first of all great idea using a back up onlything that does if your a racer adds more weight but anyways what i did is i had hood pins and i had no space between my bumper and my hood i cut the wire for the hood i took it off but what im trying to get at is that regardless these thieves will go to the extreem with a crowbar but what i did is i changed my key holes and i wired a loud alarm in seperate location

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
@crxmike, well it wasnt a full size battery backup. its a small one, like the size of an android but fat. and the power is weak, i couldnt turn off my alarm from 50ft. And in 5 minutes my alarm was decreasing its power. Its as if my civic was wounded and it was using its last breath to cry out for help.

As far as the alarm, good idea, but a better one is to have a horn siren! loud as f**k, but with that you could get a ticket for disturbing the peace, stupid indeed. but there are laws that only allow up to certain decibels for a siren and my siren is set to its highest possible. My second horn is in the engine bay, and its hidden. And this horn is used to hurt ears and make them bleeeeeeeeeed. its not too loud when the doors are shut. but if they cut the first siren, the second one is still there. What I learn the more backups of everything you have the better off you are. I'm thinking in Layers, like an Onion. They have to work there way in, but will cry every time another layer appears. I have visible layers and none visible layers, even with that they still went ahead and tried to steal it! Either the thieves are getting more stupid, or more ballsy.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
@Failsafe88, I slept in my car numerous times while at school, and nobody tried to steal my car, they did dink my side doors when the swung open there own car doors! ooooooohh boy, you can imagine what happen next.

Javier.San1993

This thread scares me:/ I have a 94 EG8 with absolutely no security features. I live in SoCAL though. Where are you situated?

Using Tapatalk/SGH-1897

TheHatchGuy

5+ Year Member
i have an idea! reroute the hood cable through the fender to safeguard the original hood latch and then get a bogey cable in its place that is almost identical and hood it up so that when it gets tampered with your alarm goes off? best bet is that it'll be the first thing most thieves would go for an it would give you that head start to save the civic.

Zedicous

@crxmike, well it wasnt a full size battery backup. its a small one, like the size of an android but fat. and the power is weak, i couldnt turn off my alarm from 50ft. And in 5 minutes my alarm was decreasing its power. Its as if my civic was wounded and it was using its last breath to cry out for help.

As far as the alarm, good idea, but a better one is to have a horn siren! loud as f***, but with that you could get a ticket for disturbing the peace, stupid indeed. but there are laws that only allow up to certain decibels for a siren and my siren is set to its highest possible. My second horn is in the engine bay, and its hidden. And this horn is used to hurt ears and make them bleeeeeeeeeed. its not too loud when the doors are shut. but if they cut the first siren, the second one is still there. What I learn the more backups of everything you have the better off you are. I'm thinking in Layers, like an Onion. They have to work there way in, but will cry every time another layer appears. I have visible layers and none visible layers, even with that they still went ahead and tried to steal it! Either the thieves are getting more stupid, or more ballsy.
Instead of the peewee bat. maybe a Odyssey or a motorcycle battery. That shouldn't add much weight. If you go with a bike bat make sure its sealed if its in the cabin or trunk.. Years ago i had a friend that had his car robbed from the mall, they got in threw the key hole for the trunk on the back of the car, when i get my car painted i plan on getting rid of that key hole on the back, i also use a club. As an fyi our civics can not be slim jimmed.

Zedicous

i have an idea! reroute the hood cable through the fender to safeguard the original hood latch and then get a bogey cable in its place that is almost identical and hood it up so that when it gets tampered with your alarm goes off? best bet is that it'll be the first thing most thieves would go for an it would give you that head start to save the civic.
How about a shot gun and some rock salt..lol

Zedicous

Another thought, Harbor Freight sells a driveway monitor for like 15 bucks. i painted my ir sensor black so i could hide it too.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
See that little tab right next to the quote one? That's the multi quote button. There is no need for the triple post.

As an fyi our civics can not be slim jimmed.
I am curious as to why you think they can't be.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As an fyi our civics can not be slim jimmed.
Who told you this?
I've locked the keys in my 95 civic ex and had to slim Jim the door open. My fiancé locked my keys in once too and the police did it once too.

So yes, they can be slim jimmed. Quite easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ontario, but there is alot of crime everywhere, I found this great source where you may check if there is crime near your street! and you can also check what kind of crime it was: car theft, car break in, assault, etc etc
please check it its very interesting and it might even guide you in where you should move too!

http://www.crimemapping.com/

This thread scares me:/ I have a 94 EG8 with absolutely no security features. I live in SoCAL though. Where are you situated?

Using Tapatalk/SGH-1897
dude that is a good idea! if they try to pull the hood latch cable and the alarm goes off, that is brilliant thinking. That could definitely be done . I would have to talk to my alarm guy to figure that one out!

Instead of the peewee bat. maybe a Odyssey or a motorcycle battery. That shouldn't add much weight. If you go with a bike bat make sure its sealed if its in the cabin or trunk.. Years ago i had a friend that had his car robbed from the mall, they got in threw the key hole for the trunk on the back of the car, when i get my car painted i plan on getting rid of that key hole on the back, i also use a club. As an fyi our civics can not be slim jimmed.
The battery from a motorcycle is a good idea, it cant go in the back because that is illegal, so it would have to be in the front but its hard to hide something like that on a civic! The bay is so open and roomy, any thief would notice anything unusual right away. Im thinking having another back up battery the same size right next to the one I have. thats the only way i would feel more comfortable. Also, this spare battery is inside the cabin, so they would have to go in through the doors in order to get to it. And they wouldnt be able to go in because the alarm will go off. I even have an accessory that will notice any broken glass sound. even the jiggling of keys will set it off!

As far as the getting in through the trunk...tell me more about this incident. So they got in through the rear seats?? did they kick it down?? I never heard of that...I know you could set up your alarm that goes off when the trunk is opened.

the club sucks, you would have to get a clutch break lock. its more durable and it makes it harder for thieves to get through it. with the club on the wheel, they would saw off the steering wheel and it would be out in seconds, where as the clutch break lock, it will take them longer to saw down. more time for them to work on it = more time for someone to spot them.

As far as removing the key hole, you could just disconnect the mechanics or tamper with it to make sure its no longer functioning.

Another thought, Harbor Freight sells a driveway monitor for like 15 bucks. i painted my ir sensor black so i could hide it too.
sorry, Im not following you. so you have a monitor inside your car???

Who told you this?
I've locked the keys in my 95 civic ex and had to slim Jim the door open. My fiancé locked my keys in once too and the police did it once too.

So yes, they can be slim jimmed. Quite easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zedicous, I agree with those other comments made and your car can be slim jimmed, with that in mind you better change your game plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Javier.San1993

Ontario, but there is alot of crime everywhere, I found this great source where you may check if there is crime near your street! and you can also check what kind of crime it was: car theft, car break in, assault, etc etc
please check it its very interesting and it might even guide you in where you should move too!

http://www.crimemapping.com/
Thank you!

Turns out that there has been one GTA within my house's 1-mile radius. But about 5 once I out a 2-mile radius.

Using Tapatalk/SGH-1897

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Glad i could help. It only shows about a weeks worth Of incidents. But i havent mess with it. Did u see LAs?! Its rediculous.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Zedicous

See that little tab right next to the quote one? That's the multi quote button. There is no need for the triple post.

I have a 93 EJ1, i've had it since new when i bought it in oct of 92. Back in the day i used to deliver pizza for piece of slut. One time i locked my keys in the car with it running, another driver and a good friend had a slim jim, he was supposed to be an expert useing it and boasted how he could unlock it in less than 10 sec, well after about ten minutes he finially gave up and gave me a ride to get a spare key. i then looked it up on the inet and it said it couldn't be done and it was engineered like high end exotics are.

The battery from a motorcycle is a good idea, it cant go in the back because that is illegal, so it would have to be in the front but its hard to hide something like that on a civic! The bay is so open and roomy, any thief would notice anything unusual right away. Im thinking having another back up battery the same size right next to the one I have. thats the only way i would feel more comfortable. Also, this spare battery is inside the cabin, so they would have to go in through the doors in order to get to it. And they wouldnt be able to go in because the alarm will go off. I even have an accessory that will notice any broken glass sound. even the jiggling of keys will set it off!

As far as the getting in through the trunk...tell me more about this incident. So they got in through the rear seats?? did they kick it down?? I never heard of that...I know you could set up your alarm that goes off when the trunk is opened.

the club sucks, you would have to get a clutch break lock. its more durable and it makes it harder for thieves to get through it. with the club on the wheel, they would saw off the steering wheel and it would be out in seconds, where as the clutch break lock, it will take them longer to saw down. more time for them to work on it = more time for someone to spot them.

As far as removing the key hole, you could just disconnect the mechanics or tamper with it to make sure its no longer functioning.
I know a few people that have relocated their bat to the trunk, this is the first i've heard it being illegal. I honestly don't know if it is or isn't but i nkow if its a sealed battery and not one that vents it works fine.
I'm not trying to be full proof i do live in a nice area, but thieves look for quick and easy, you can get around the club but things like that add more to the job and qucik and easy goes out the window.

As the breaking in goes, he parked at the mall, thumping most likely before he stopped, i'm pretty sure he didn't have an alarm, but some how the tampered with the lock on tha back and got in, when he came by my house it was hanging out of the metal plate it mounts too. They did not steal the car but instead took all of the sterio equipment, he was bumed. Once the trunk was open all they had to do was pull the handle and the seats fall down. I prefer to do things right, so if i disconnect it, i'd rather it just be shaved off too..

The clutch lock sounds like a good ideal, i may have to get one. i don't worry about it when its home but when its not.

sorry, Im not following you. so you have a monitor inside your car???
I'm talking about for when it's sitting in his driveway. As long as its not near bush that move with the wind, it works quite well and it'll go off as the enter and before they mess with the car.
http://www.harborfreight.com/wireless-driveway-alert-system-93068.html

Mine is a 93, i don't know if that make a difference or not. I had a friend try and a police friend has tried before and they couldn't. I guess mine is special..lol

There is always this alarm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxRMTtR5I2E

Last edited by a moderator: