Tried to steal my civic!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try running your hood latch cable through the opening in the frame rail part at the top of the wheel well. makes it a lot harder to get to. idk if anyone had mentioned that yet

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I definately need to get this sensor for the drive way. Its cheap price n could help to get cats off the cars too.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
try running your hood latch cable through the opening in the frame rail part at the top of the wheel well. makes it a lot harder to get to. idk if anyone had mentioned that yet

I thought about that too. But I rather go though the engine bay.
impossible to get too. Vs harder to get too. Im thinking of guarding the connection where the cable latch meets the latch somehow too. some kind of metal mesh . I read they can get the latch through the grill. They would have to break it of course. But the alarm would go off from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Puff0028

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What about locking hood pins and no latch? Just curious if it would stop the theif, like key'd lug nuts?

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just read bout this. i know in my ol hatch my hood release wouldnt work right from in the car. so everytime i wanted to get under the hood i would reach up under the front bumper, grab a hold of the cable and yank it. hood popped everytime. i dont know if it works like this for every car, but i do know you can do this trick for a lot of them. as long as you yank hard enough to break the clip holding the cable to latch so the latch wil disengage from the pin

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What about locking hood pins and no latch? Just curious if it would stop the theif, like key'd lug nuts?
Its an option . It would work well but some ppl like myself don't like the look. I like the clean hood look. If it were carbon fiber hood I wouldn't mind.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just read bout this. i know in my ol hatch my hood release wouldnt work right from in the car. so everytime i wanted to get under the hood i would reach up under the front bumper, grab a hold of the cable and yank it. hood popped everytime. i dont know if it works like this for every car, but i do know you can do this trick for a lot of them. as long as you yank hard enough to break the clip holding the cable to latch so the latch wil disengage from the pin
What year is your car?