Tron Civic

bobby2552

Respected
About $30 + $7 for shipping from China.

I think it's cool, how much did it cost you to do it? And could you send or put up a day time pic ?
I would have used red or blue, but both look really nasty on green. And I'll post a day pic when it stops raining

Here is a link to where I bought it. I placed an order of 10 rolls of 9m, and they shipped in 2 rolls of 45m. (150ft, 300ft total)

1.0CM*9Meter DIY 3M Reflective Sticker Automobile luminous strip car&motorcycle&bicycle Decoration Sticker/white/yellow/bule/red
http://s.aliexpress.com/NJbAr2ai
(from AliExpress Android)

Oh awesome thanks man

There you are!!

Last edited by a moderator:

MotorMo

Respected
Lmao- dude that is freaking awesome. Some original custom techniques! lol. Never seen no @*&$ like that. Seriously tho- that looks like alot of work....."Ever have problems finding your Honda in the parking lot? Not anymore!" . High five for originality for sure :cownana:

bobby2552

Respected
Thanks!

Lmao- dude that is freaking awesome. Some original custom techniques! lol. Never seen no @*&$ like that. Seriously tho- that looks like alot of work....."Ever have problems finding your Honda in the parking lot? Not anymore!" . High five for originality for sure :cownana:
Thanks!! I appreciate it! I'm fairly certain that less than 15 people have done it in the States, so it's pretty rare.

to be honest with you I'm not too sure about this but I'm liking this! lol
Thanks!!

Here is an updated picture that turned out a bit better. Added a bit more tape too =)

jackdog1

This has inspired me, I might try to add some subtle EL wiring along the edges of my car. It would match my custom light-up TRON-style vest

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:smackself So do you intend to re-do the tape every few weeks when the heat bakes the tape adhesive and causes it to peal off and leave residue on the paint, slowly ruining your paint?

bobby2552

Respected
:smackself So do you intend to re-do the tape every few weeks when the heat bakes the tape adhesive and causes it to peal off and leave residue on the paint, slowly ruining your paint?
Nope. The tape stays on fine, so I shouldn't have to peel it off or redo it. I've talked to another guy who did this and his has stayed on for a year no problem.

This has inspired me, I might try to add some subtle EL wiring along the edges of my car. It would match my custom light-up TRON-style vest
Sounds sick!

I've seen plenty worse done before to these cars...
When you start doing stuff to your own car, come back and I'd love to hear your comments. But until you do more on this forum than just tell people their tastes are bad, be respectful please. Thanks!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've seen plenty worse done before to these cars...
When you start doing stuff to your own car, come back and I'd love to hear your comments. But until you do more on this forum than just tell people their tastes are bad, be respectful please. Thanks!!
Calm down. If you think he was disrespectful then you havent seen anything yet on this forum. His comment was just fine and Mr.Baker does contribute in this forum. Youre new here so be catious commenting on anothers history if youre unaware of it.

Be open to positive and negative feedback on this forum because you will receive both, although actual disrespect and aggression wont be tolerated, and neither was committed here.

bobby2552

Respected
Calm down. If you think he was disrespectful then you havent seen anything yet on this forum. His comment was just fine and Mr.Baker does contribute in this forum. Youre new here so be catious commenting on anothers history if youre unaware of it.

Be open to positive and negative feedback on this forum because you will receive both, although actual disrespect and aggression wont be tolerated, and neither was committed here.
My bad. I'll keep that in mind. Not having the best day today lol

I haven't done a ton with el wire, but it's worth checking how waterproof it is. Best of luck!!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My bad. I'll keep that in mind. Not having the best day today lol
It happens to the best of us. At least your mature enough to admit it. Moving on now...