Trouble starting car in the morning. Throttle cable maybe?

Dnguyen92

So I just changed my clutch over the weekend and it drives fine besides a leak in the clutch cylinder... but other than that, In the morning before I go to school I'll warm up my car. It cranks for days and then after about 8 seconds I'll just keep revving it until it stays alive. It'll struggle for the first like, 10 seconds and then it'll go down. But at the start even when i'm revving it, it seems like the car is about to die out unless I floor that b***h. It was like I was getting no response to gas pedal. My brother said it could be my throttle cable being too tight because the rubber thing that sits on the cable is torn a bit. So does anyone else think it could be something else possibly?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If your throttle cable was too tight, the car would be idling higher. If it was too loose, if you look in the engine bay, there should be a lot of slack in the cable.

When the car cranks, does it crank slowly almost like the battery is dying? Or does it sound normal, it just takes forever to start?

Dnguyen92

If your throttle cable was too tight, the car would be idling higher. If it was too loose, if you look in the engine bay, there should be a lot of slack in the cable.

When the car cranks, does it crank slowly almost like the battery is dying? Or does it sound normal, it just takes forever to start?
It sort of cranks slowly. Once I get it to turn over by having my food on the gas pedal it'll start to die out. Like, even with my foot on the pedal, the rpm shoots down below 1000 and it struggles to stay alive so I have to end up almost flooring it to give it that extra push.

Stroupe

Stroupe
im having this exact same problem after switching my blown d16z6 to a d15b7