Trouble starting up

Mindy.T

Ive looked at a couple threads but cant find anything exactly like what my Honda is doing When I first start it up, it starts right away but it like stumbles, it acts like its going to die but after a few seconds it runs fine... What could that mean? And I don't know if they could be related but It also has a problem idling Every once in a while when I start it it revs up to probably 2 and goes back down, it does that a couple times and then idles normal.. Any help would be appreciated =)

RonJ

Banned
What car? Do you have 92-95 Civic? If so, also clean and adjust the FITV.

Any CEL codes?

Mindy.T

Thanks, ill try that =) No I have a 99 That's another thing my check engine light isn't on...?

Mindy.T

I'm pretty sure all of them light up when I start my car I could be wrong though, it's normal so I don't pay attention to it anymore lol

RonJ

Banned
Double check the CEL.

When you turn the key from off to ON(II), does the CEL turn on and then off after 2 seconds?

Mindy.T

I just checked and yes it came on in accessory, then as soon as I turned the car on all of the lights went off...

RonJ

Banned
Clean the IACV.

If the problem persists, then adjust the idle speed as per the service manual instructions for your engine/transmission.