Trying to determine SCCA class

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys, where I usually race we use different rules but I'm going to be attending some SCCA rules races and I would like to know my class before I get there. Our rule book, the midwestern council is much easier to determine class because we use a points system for modifications but I cant find anything like that for SCCA. Below is my list of modifications, could someone please show me how they found out what class I'm in.

Thanks

2000 Honda Civic Si

Performance:
Jackson Racing Cat
Apexi World Sport Exhaust system
Skunk2 Shifter
Energy Suspension Shifter stabilizer bushings
DC Sports Front and rear Strut tower bars
Tein Type Flex Coilovers
Progress front camber kit
Greddy Turbo
Greddy Intercooler kit
AEM EMS
Greddy turbo timer
Exedy stage 2 clutch
Techna SS clutch line
ACT Street Lite flywheel
Power Slot rotors
Hawk Brake Pads
Hasport Motor Mounts
Walboro 255
RC Eng 370 CC injectors

Exterior:
Kumho Ecsta ASX Tires
VIS Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid
VIS Carbon Fiber OEM Hood
Sparco Hood Pins

I only incuded what I thought would be important for determining my class.

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would imagine SM b/c you've done major mods to the motor. Usually they allow anything like basic suspension upgrades, i/h/e, short shifter, race tires in something like DSP. If it were less mods than that then its usually STS.

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The turbo puts you into SM class.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if I could get a paper copy of the manual I would have an easier time figuring out my class but I can only look at long PDF docs for so long. Thanks guys.

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can get the pdf off of the scca website. Honestly, I read it last week and it doesnt seem that bad to read. If you want to cover all types of possible classes then yea, but if you have some idea then it shouldn't take you that long to figure out your classing. Have fun in SM. Honestly, I've seen alot of cars in SM w/ turbos, motor swaps and such, but atleast the ones I'm used to seeing usually are only as fast or slower than cars similar to theirs except for the major hp mods. I think the people that bring these cars to autoxs either dont really setup the whole car to work together (i.e. way to much hp, not enough susp. etc..), dont know how to control the power that well or just need alot more experience. Just try to setup the susp. fairly tight and get some good tires and set their pressures according to what your car needs. One thing esp. dont overdrive the car w/ all that power, b/c it usually throws off your line on the course and even though it might feel faster, your not setting up the car properly for all the sections. Just a few thoughts, take em or leave em

Absolut3Zr0

The Herman Handler
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
From the SCCA website...

Street Modified – The top of the “street” categories, SM allows anything from
Stock, Street Touring, and Street Prepared allowances and also almost any
drivetrain configuration as long as the engine manufacturer matches the body
manufacturer (see Solo Rules for details). Four-seaters (BMW, Corolla, Civic,
Integra, Neon, Supra, Talon, VW, etc.) run in SM and two-seat sports cars
(Corvette, CRX, M Roadster, Miata, RX-7, MR2, etc.) compete in SM2. Subframe
connectors, carbon-fiber hoods, cams, and turbo / supercharger kits are
welcome, too.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the shitty thing is I snapped my MTN bike frame and need a new bike, so the money I would like to put into a really nice set of tires for the summer just got put into a bike. So I get to autox on Kumho all season tires with way to much power for those tires. Oh well, I know I wont be great but its still alot of fun